Ait Intake Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Ait Intake Question

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 09-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #1
priebe
2008 KK Liberty 

Air Intake Question

Morning all. I own a 2008 KK Sport. Looking at the K&N site they offer several different cold air systems depending on the year. I found a local guy selling a take-off K&N air intake Part # 77-1562KTK which K&N says will only fit the 2010-2012 models. Does anyone know if this kit will work on my 2008 KK with a couple modifications? I tried to compare the install sheets from the K&N site and there are several differences, but none that look major to me. Perhaps K&N discovered a way to upgrade the intake somehow during the model run and instead of discontinuing the 2008 intake they just offered a newer intake for the 2010+ years? Any insight would help, thanks.

Last edited by priebe; 09-26-2013 at 03:03 PM..
priebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #2
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by priebe View Post
Morning all. I own a 2008 KK Sport. Looking at the K&N site they offer several different cold air systems depending on the year. I found a local guy selling a take-off K&N air intake Part # 77-1562KTK which K&N says will only fit the 2010-2012 models. Does anyone know if this kit will work on my 2008 KK with a couple modifications? I tried to compare the install sheets from the K&N site and there are several differences, but none that look major to me. Perhaps K&N discovered a way to upgrade the intake somehow during the model run and instead of discontinuing the 2008 intake they just offered a newer intake for the 2010+ years? Any insight would help, thanks.
I would be surprised if it doesn't fit. I have a 2008 with a K&N CAI. Creates a lot more room in the engine bay.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #3
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by priebe View Post
SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!
doesn't gain you any more power or gas mileage only sucks in hot air
and lets lots more dirt in.
Proven fact the stock box flows way better than a K&N
Unread 09-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #4
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Just do some research before you buy it and understand there are risks. If you don't plan on ever opening your hood ever again, don't buy it, if you forge water often, don't buy it, and if you live in a very dusty area, don't buy it.

I've got a few video clips on YouTube to showoff the sound.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.