Air Bag light - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Air Bag light

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-03-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
ChuckPink
2008 KK Liberty 

Air Bag light

So driving to work this morning my air bag warning light came on and then went out after a minute or so. It has since done it a few more times while driving today. Is there anything I can check before having it serviced. I checked the wire harnesses under the driver's seat and they seem to be seated tightly. Anything else to look at?

It's a 2008 liberty sport which I just purchased this week so I hope this isn't the start of constant problems.

ChuckPink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckPink View Post
So driving to work this morning my air bag warning light came on and then went out after a minute or so. It has since done it a few more times while driving today. Is there anything I can check before having it serviced. I checked the wire harnesses under the driver's seat and they seem to be seated tightly. Anything else to look at?

It's a 2008 liberty sport which I just purchased this week so I hope this isn't the start of constant problems.
Chuck, the airbag light stay on after engine start is 1 of 2 problems, A failed sensor or failed airbag control module. Intermittent turn on during driving is not necessarily a failing sensor or module. I would be concern if it was frequent or remains on after start.
Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2010, 12:21 PM   #3
ChuckPink
2008 KK Liberty 

Yeah it doesn't stay on after I start the vehicle it only seems to come on if I am sitting at a light or stopped for some reason. When I take off it goes away and returns a while later.
ChuckPink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #4
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

mine light up and stays in the morning when its cold outside. both of them actually, the pass light and the light on the dash, goes away when the car gets warm...
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
2012 UD Limited. Royal Gray
VMF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2010, 04:54 PM   #5
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

The air bag light should come on when you first start your Jeep for about 8 seconds then go off.If it comes on,or off and on during driving,you have a problem with your system,and most likely your air bags wont go off in collision.I would get this checked out asap.
richd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.