Aftermarket subwoofer with sky slider - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Aftermarket subwoofer with sky slider

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 07-10-2013, 10:44 PM   #16
Liberty09MN
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redncfootball View Post
Got it. Had a bad set of rca cables. Im in busisness now. Thanks though!
Excellent! I'm glad it wasn't something serious! I always hate that moment of truth after you got everything hooked up and its just like "this better freakin work!" It's nice when it does instead of playing the "which wire is it" game! I got my sub/amp swapped out for the L7, did it on the 4th, still breaking it in a bit but its starting to sound good! still got that new sub smell when I turn the bass up haha

Quote:
Nope no noises like that but i can tell you at speeds over 60-70 the noise is unbareable so i found a sunroof wind deflector that fit the sky slider. if anyone is interested i will post pics and a link. It literally cuts the noise down to basically a normal car.
I wouldn't mind the link, mine is pretty annoying at the same speeds as well. I'm pretty used to it by now or I will just turn the music up to phase it out. The worst is when other people get in your Jeep and are like ermagerd you drive with this all the time? And pictures of a fellow Jeep are always welcome!

Liberty09MN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #17
ViktorMax
2010 KK Liberty 

For anyone that wants a fix to unbearable wind noise, just put some weather stripping on the front. I did this and it totally resolved the issue. It now sounds great.

Ask me any questions, I can send my pics too. I did mine slightly different than this, but still pretty much the same idea. Cheap and great fix! Must do for any SkySlider.

Last edited by ViktorMax; 07-11-2013 at 09:39 PM..
ViktorMax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #18
ViktorMax
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Nope no noises like that but i can tell you at speeds over 60-70 the noise is unbareable so i found a sunroof wind deflector that fit the sky slider. if anyone is interested i will post pics and a link. It literally cuts the noise down to basically a normal car.
The noises sound like a "ticking" noise, kind of like the noise like a windshield could make. I think it is just the plastic-ish SkySlider parts, but I wish it wouldn't do it... ugh...
Unread 07-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #19
redncfootball
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViktorMax
For anyone that wants a fix to unbearable wind noise, just put some weather stripping on the front. I did this and it totally resolved the issue. It now sounds great. Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8A2QqLx-z0

Ask me any questions, I can send my pics too. I did mine slightly different than this, but still pretty much the same idea. Cheap and great fix! Must do for any SkySlider.
No offense this may have worked but a wind visor is by far your best bet
redncfootball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 04:24 AM   #20
Liberty09MN
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
No offense this may have worked but a wind visor is by far your best bet
you got the link/pics? highly considering doing this, just want to see the look and price!
Unread 07-13-2013, 01:17 PM   #21
redncfootball
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty09MN

you got the link/pics? highly considering doing this, just want to see the look and price!
Few pics will post link when i find it
image-2516318579.jpg

image-1863614940.jpg

image-1031110494.jpg

Unread 07-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #22
Liberty09MN
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Few pics will post link when i find it
Nice, doesn't look bad! Like how its pretty low profile. You should put up a full pic of your jeep, I don't think I've seen it on here yet? And that link would be great whenever you find it, or just the brand and I'll look for it. Thanks!
Unread 07-13-2013, 10:01 PM   #23
redncfootball
2010 KK Liberty 

Here are a few recent pics i have off of my phone
image-1953601758.jpg

image-1676496371.jpg

image-4098884125.jpg

image-1692409382.jpg

Unread 07-13-2013, 10:05 PM   #24
redncfootball
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty09MN

Nice, doesn't look bad! Like how its pretty low profile. You should put up a full pic of your jeep, I don't think I've seen it on here yet? And that link would be great whenever you find it, or just the brand and I'll look for it. Thanks!
Auto Ventshade 77005 Windflector 41.5" Sunroof Wind Deflector
http://amzn.com/B0001EVUCM

here the link is. You may be able to find it cheaper looks like he raised the price a bit. Pocs are posted
Unread 07-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #25
ViktorMax
2010 KK Liberty 

How well does this work to cut out the air noise when the skyslider is closed?
Unread 07-17-2013, 10:19 PM   #26
Liberty09MN
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViktorMax View Post
How well does this work to cut out the air noise when the skyslider is closed?
I think it should solve the whole problem, I think that's why he ordered it, at least that's why I did! Got mine the other day, but decided I'm going to plasti-dip it before i put it on. Waiting for my order.
Unread 07-17-2013, 11:17 PM   #27
redncfootball
2010 KK Liberty 

Cut out literally 99% of all noise best thing i have done to the jeep since i got it!!
Unread 07-18-2013, 10:56 AM   #28
ViktorMax
2010 KK Liberty 

On your third pic, it doesn't quite look like you stuck the ventshade flush to your roof, is this correct? If so, can you please elaborate? Thanks in advance.
Unread 07-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #29
redncfootball
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViktorMax
On your third pic, it doesn't quite look like you stuck the ventshade flush to your roof, is this correct? If so, can you please elaborate? Thanks in advance.
The ventshade isnt ment for the jeep, lets face it. I had to put the shade in a place that would not interfear with the roof closing. I will do some fabricating with possibly thick two way tape and it will solve the problem but the bottom line is for now there is no longer that constant wind noise
Unread 07-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #30
ViktorMax
2010 KK Liberty 

I agree that it can stop the wind noise... but I am sorry, that piece of ventshade doesn't even fit the roof correctly. The way to go is the weather stripping which I did. Its cheaper and doesn't look bad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.