Aftermarket stereo in KK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Aftermarket stereo in KK

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 12-22-2011, 04:52 AM   #1
jsburton84
2008 KK Liberty 

Aftermarket stereo in KK

I know there are a few folks that have swapped the factory radio out for something nicer and I was just wondering if the tweeters in the dash still work with an after market unit. Are those tweeters wired straight from the radio or do they go off of some kind of hi pass filter from the door speakers? I was also wondering if anyone has had success with replacing the speakers (to include the 1" dash tweeters) other than the mopar kicker kit.

Unread 12-22-2011, 08:02 AM   #2
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

ill assume there wired to an on board amplifier... not sure of the aftermarket solutions but it should be an easy head unit swap.

But there are some models that do not have an amplifier on board.\

Heres some info.

You have to tie the power into the fuse box or cigarette lighter I stripped some of the wire off the cigarette lighter power wire and mine works fine. There is no power on the harness you have to splice into a power source. make sure you use the white connector for the antenna as well.

PNP HARNESSes
Unread 12-22-2011, 08:18 PM   #3
TMD78

I could be wrong since I haven't pulled the dash (yet), but I think those dash speakers are 3.5" I've seen some car audio websites show this. I'm a little surprised at the lack of info about the KK speakers to be honest. Lots of different size information on the web.
TMD78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2011, 03:37 PM   #4
VegasDragger45
2010 KK Liberty 

The dash speakers are actually 2.5. I replaced all my speakers this past weekend with kicker 6" in front door, 5.25" in rear door and 3.5 in dash. I had to make the 3.5 fit with alot of work. I did it cuz I love the sound they put out but if you just want new speakers get the 2.5 size and save you some time. Stock sizes are 6.5" for front and rear doors and 2.5" in dash. I have pics I can upload when I get back from vacation on monday if wanted.
2010 KK, 2" Daystar lift, 245/75/16 BFG All-Terrains, interior LED's, front rear and cargo liner weather tech's, Pioneer AVH-p4400BT, GEX-P920XM, Kicker 6" in front 5 1/4" in rear, PB 2.75" in dash, Kicker 300.1 amp, Pioneer TS-SWX310, JK light bar with Hella 500 ff and 100w bulb, BOYO rear view camera, JBA exhaust, K&N drop in filter and more to come.
VegasDragger45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2011, 07:42 PM   #5
TMD78

Pics would be great! Thanks! 2.5 will probably limit my options to either making the 3.5 fit or just going with a tweeter. I had a 3 way component setup in my last truck but those are really hard to come by these days. I'm just looking for better sound in the dash so 3.5 is the way to go prob. Which ones did you get? I'm considering infinity kappa from a couple years back
Unread 12-23-2011, 08:57 PM   #6
VegasDragger45
2010 KK Liberty 

I got the Kicker ks3.5 I've ran kicker in all my show trucks so I favor them. Hopefully i get home in time Monday to post them if not Tuesday for sure.
2010 KK, 2" Daystar lift, 245/75/16 BFG All-Terrains, interior LED's, front rear and cargo liner weather tech's, Pioneer AVH-p4400BT, GEX-P920XM, Kicker 6" in front 5 1/4" in rear, PB 2.75" in dash, Kicker 300.1 amp, Pioneer TS-SWX310, JK light bar with Hella 500 ff and 100w bulb, BOYO rear view camera, JBA exhaust, K&N drop in filter and more to come.
VegasDragger45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2011, 09:18 AM   #7
TMD78

I'm heading to a local car audio shop today to swap out the head unit and install a backup camera. First time in about a 10 car history I haven't just done it all myself but it's cold and I don't have a garage. I'm going to ask about the dash speakers but am leaning towards just adding component tweeters if it's easier. I guess if they can make 3.5's fit (and have something decent in stock) I'll consider it if they don't want a fortune. Ideally I just want better sound with a higher soundstage, probably a small 4 channel to give them some power. I installed the small Rockford PBR300x4 in my last vehicle and it was just enough power and super easy to hide. I just hope I can control myself and not end up dropping $1000+ when it's all said and done like I've done before. My fiancée does not appreciate it, but hey, she's out of town for the whole week and never has to know :-)

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.