Aftermarket radio help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Aftermarket radio help

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #1
smallon
2008 KK Liberty 

Aftermarket radio help

Here is my question--- I have a 2008 liberty with the stock DD/ 6 disk/mp3/sat radio/DVD (no screens)/non premium sound and no sub or NAV. I want to install my new kenwood ddx719. I have called and searched for the correct harness that i need and i have come up with a 75-120$ harness that is "recommended". I have read a few posts that say go with a standard harness and just jump off the power outlet for the ACC power. Can someone please tell me exactly what i need for a harness or do i need to spend the money and get the recommended one. I think the local shops are rtying to make a buck and i would like to go in and say i need Harness XYZ. I have included a web pic on the stock radio i have.

jeep-r-2323-2-detailed-image.jpg  
smallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 11:56 PM   #2
AtTheHelm

Every company salesperson i talked to said i need expensive harness too. That stereo is a step above mine but i cant see why the cheap basic harness wouldnt work.
The only difference between mine and yours is the 6 disc and outputs for dvd.
They said even for the lower end factory stereos it pac module was needed because of the canbus computer system. BS. Everything works the same on mine, even the radio staying powered until the doors open.
If you have steering wheel controls though, you will need the steering wheel interface for that.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 06:38 AM   #3
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

If you want to use any video functions, night/day dimming or back up camera on your new radio spend the extra money and get the correct harness. The serial data bus that our Jeeps use will send the e-brake signal, dimmer signal and gear selection signal to the radio in order for these functions to work.

Edit: Unless you want to do a bunch of extra wiring
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.