after market handles - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > after market handles

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 08-25-2010, 06:49 PM   #1
mai-ling
2008 KK Liberty 

after market handles

One thing I noticed about the Liberty is that there is
no handle on the roof for the driver or passenger side.

I know there is a handle in the front of the passenger
above the glove box.

I was wondering if anyone know of any after market handles
that can put on the roof for the passenger.

I ask because my father is 84 and is a stroke survivor.
Although he is getting accustomed to getting in to the Jeep
more I feel a handle above would be more efficient since
he was used to for the past 12 years with the Subie's.

I also thought about looking for a magnetic handle to attach
to the roof outside the jeep.

Would something like interfere with anything inside the vehicle?
if not, would anyone know of a place or recommend a place
I can purchase a really strong one?

Input appreciated.

mai-ling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2010, 08:23 PM   #2
MtnLuvr
2009 KK Liberty 

I'm not aware of any rigid handle, but you can get a handle for the Wranglers that is designed to strap around their roll-bar cage and then put that around the top of your window opening on your door but you won't be able to raise the window up 100%. The KK doesn't seem to have rigid handles off the A-pillar or above the doors due to the side curtain air bags (is my guess). I've thought once I complete some major projects on my KK that someday I may pull down the headliner to see what would be involved in welding a handle mount above the door.

Hope this helps. Sorry I don't have any info readily available regarding the Wrangler strap-on handles, but you should be able to find them on-line or at your local Jeep dealership.
MtnLuvr's Off-Road Front Winch Bumper, Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, Heavy Duty Off-Road Rear Bumper/JBA 4" AaS Lift w/UCAs/16x8's w/ 245/75R16 GY MT/Rs
MtnLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2010, 11:53 PM   #3
mai-ling
2008 KK Liberty 

that makes sense about the curtain air bags, now that you mentioned it.

i wish there was a way of putting those roll-bar cage handles and attached them to the KK.
i was looking at them on one wrangler and was trying to brainstorm it but nothing happened.

thanks.
mai-ling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.