Adding some fog/driving lights- switch placement? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Adding some fog/driving lights- switch placement?

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #1
rangerr47
2012 KK Liberty 

Adding some fog/driving lights- switch placement?

OK so over the Thanksgiving weekend me and my brother put the JK hood light bar on the front of my Liberty. I found some PIAA 520 ATP on Amazon for only $25 more than the KCs I was going to get so I ordered them, so they should arrive in about a week or so.

My question is, where do you guys put the switch for the added lights? Or is there an easy way to just have them come on when you put the brights on?? Is there any reason this would NOT be a good idea? I wish there was a stock button down by the traction control and hill assist buttons.

rangerr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #2
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerr47 View Post
OK so over the Thanksgiving weekend me and my brother put the JK hood light bar on the front of my Liberty. I found some PIAA 520 ATP on Amazon for only $25 more than the KCs I was going to get so I ordered them, so they should arrive in about a week or so.

My question is, where do you guys put the switch for the added lights? Or is there an easy way to just have them come on when you put the brights on?? Is there any reason this would NOT be a good idea? I wish there was a stock button down by the traction control and hill assist buttons.
Most states it's illegal to run the fogs with the highbeams.
Put the switch somewhere close to the shifter. Someone will probably post some pictures.
Gibson exhaust
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #3
rangerr47
2012 KK Liberty 

I live in Dallas so I hardly ever use brights unless Im out in the boonies anyways, but to have it separate seems like the wisest choice.
Unread 12-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #4
Stang977
2012 KK Liberty 

My switches are in the same place as here.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/...alled-1344518/

Pick up the power wire off of the cigarette lighter if you like, but it's on the key.
Fuel Revolver 16X8

Her- 2011 WK2 Laredo X, Brilliant Black
Stang977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #5
NXVash
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:

Happen to have a link for that light bar? Also can you throw some pics up of how its installed and looks? Thanks in advance.
NXVash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #6
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

My switch. Wired separately. A few people including myself looked into putting it in that switch panel, but it's all one piece. I like my interior to look close to stock, and this is what I came up with...without hiding the switch in any of the compartments.
Unread 12-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #7
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

Thought I had a pic but can't find it. However, it is in the same place as Bx.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #8
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

I have a 2nd power outlet on the face plate just left of the buttons. This location would also be good for a fog switch.
Unread 12-05-2013, 06:51 AM   #9
rangerr47
2012 KK Liberty 

I think that spot does look the best, I will pop off that middle faceplate and take a look. Adding another power outlet would be nice too, I cant believe there is only one....
Unread 12-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #10
bwsooner6
Apprentice

2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
I think that spot does look the best, I will pop off that middle faceplate and take a look. Adding another power outlet would be nice too, I cant believe there is only one....
Please dont complain, mine didnt even have one. But it inspired me to do some customizing and install my own set up, thanks to lfhoward's post.

At The Helm Roof Rack & Front Recovery System
bwsooner6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 09:48 AM   #11
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

Looks good, Bwsooner6! I like that you also put a 12V power outlet back there.
Unread 12-16-2013, 09:59 AM   #12
bwsooner6
Apprentice

2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhoward View Post
Looks good, Bwsooner6! I like that you also put a 12V power outlet back there.
Mine also had a switch on it, so I used it and did not have to mount an external one like you did. I really like your idea of having it switched.

Now I am trying to figure out where to put my LED light switches and if I stay stock or go with something novelty.

Rangerr47, you can also put the 12v outlet on the drivers side out of the way if you hate cords like me

At The Helm Roof Rack & Front Recovery System
bwsooner6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.