Adding remote start to 2012 Jeep Liberty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Adding remote start to 2012 Jeep Liberty

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #1
jetescamilla
2012 KK Liberty 

Adding remote start to 2012 Jeep Liberty

I am considering adding a remote start option for my 2012 Jeep Liberty. I will be moving to Alaska...from Arizona and would like to be able to get the car warmed up above freezing before getting inside. Can this be done as a DIY project for someone who has not messed with electrical before? I've seen some remote start kits but most say that it needs to be programmed from a dealer. I don't think there is a Jeep dealer where I am going to.

Any advice or recommendations of kits or how-to's would be appreciated.

Thanks!

jetescamilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2013, 11:32 PM   #2
bwsooner6
2008 KK Liberty 

On his eBay page is a YouTube video, easy DIY

Ebay Link to remote start

"if it's on the internet, it must be true" ~ Abraham Lincoln
At The Helm Roof Rack & Front Recovery System
bwsooner6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2014, 06:26 PM   #3
jetescamilla
2012 KK Liberty 

As an update, I made it though that 2nd half of winter last year by just hoping outside and starting my car 15 minutes before leaving. In anticipation of this future winter I purchased the below linked remote start kit and couldn't be happier. The hardest part of the install was removing the bottom half of the steering column to access the wiring. After that it was a true "plug and play" install. I have yet to fully test the long range remote but it has easily worked from the comfort of my house or office to where I park the Liberty. The only problem I have is that I have yet to train myself to put the heater back to full heat before I get out of the car. More often than not I have lowered the temperature to a near cool by the time I get home. For the price and ease of install I'd definitely recommend this product.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
jetescamilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2014, 02:44 PM   #4
Attorney58
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetescamilla View Post
As an update, I made it though that 2nd half of winter last year by just hoping outside and starting my car 15 minutes before leaving. In anticipation of this future winter I purchased the below linked remote start kit and couldn't be happier. The hardest part of the install was removing the bottom half of the steering column to access the wiring. After that it was a true "plug and play" install. I have yet to fully test the long range remote but it has easily worked from the comfort of my house or office to where I park the Liberty. The only problem I have is that I have yet to train myself to put the heater back to full heat before I get out of the car. More often than not I have lowered the temperature to a near cool by the time I get home. For the price and ease of install I'd definitely recommend this product.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Hi! I have a Jeep Liberty 2011 2.8 CRD Automatic. Do you think this product works with diesel Jeep Liberty? Thank you for any insights
Attorney58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2014, 09:06 AM   #5
Cleaner13

I know this is a bit late, but one of my buddy's mothers just bought a 14 wrangler and he was doing research in adding a remote start to it as well. It turns out there is also a plug and play kit from chrysler that attaches in series to the ignition under the steering wheel and thats the whole install...

Just some options for people that may want to keep it with factory parts.

Attorney58

Im assuming there is a kit for your jeep as well, but I cant imagine the same one would work as you would need a delay for the glow plugs before cranking immediately. I would like to think its available though as the 2008 Jeep Grand diesels had an auto start...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.