Adding Fog Lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Adding Fog Lights

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutDon't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!

Unread 11-29-2010, 09:03 PM   #1
cmlohff
2008 KK Liberty 

Adding Fog Lights

I own a 2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4. I haven't done any modifications on it yet but plan to. I was wondering if it was possible to add fog lights, as mine does not have them. Would this require buying entirely new head light units for each side (too expensive) or is it possible to remove the caps covering the holes where the fog lamps should be and install them on my own? If it is possible, then how hard would it be to install them?

cmlohff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2010, 06:17 AM   #2
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

Nope, need to replace the housing. I think they go for like 250ish for the whole kit. And Welcome to the forum
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Elt31987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2010, 03:00 PM   #3
cmlohff
2008 KK Liberty 

Thanks for the welcome. I have been looking around and it seems that the only parts I can find online are around $200 for each side. Are there cheaper after market parts somewhere?
Unread 11-30-2010, 03:35 PM   #4
SCT100
2010 KK Liberty 

You can always pick up aftermarket fog or driving lights at any auto parts store. You have to know a little wiring, and you have to mount them somewhere on the fron of the Lib. They usually look bad, but I have seen a few that look good.
SCT100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2010, 03:43 PM   #5
cmlohff
2008 KK Liberty 

Would it even be wort asking the dealership down the road what they would charge?
Unread 11-30-2010, 03:53 PM   #6
SCT100
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlohff View Post
Would it even be wort asking the dealership down the road what they would charge?
The PC answer is "it never hurts to ask."
However, it's a dealer, so don't be shocked when they quote you a thousand, or dare I say... One hundred billion dollars (Dr. Evil reference ), for the parts and the install.
SCT100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2010, 06:26 PM   #7
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
I own a 2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4. I haven't done any modifications on it yet but plan to. I was wondering if it was possible to add fog lights, as mine does not have them. Would this require buying entirely new head light units for each side (too expensive) or is it possible to remove the caps covering the holes where the fog lamps should be and install them on my own? If it is possible, then how hard would it be to install them?
I got a pair similar to these below, I installed it in the lower front. I wired a relay and a switch where it is not powered when the keys are in the on position, on when the engine is running.
dodge-charger-pre-assembled-halo-headlights-conversion-lighting-fog-lights-118654-oracle-471.jpg  
Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2010, 01:18 AM   #8
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRliBerty View Post
I got a pair similar to these below, I installed it in the lower front. I wired a relay and a switch where it is not powered when the keys are in the on position, on when the engine is running.
post pix of them installed pls. and dont forget to turn them on
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
2012 UD Limited. Royal Gray
VMF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 06:10 PM   #9
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMF View Post
post pix of them installed pls. and dont forget to turn them on
VMF, my camera took ship the bed and this is the only pic I have right now to show the fog lights I installed...... they cost $29.95 at discount auto store. they light up the street about 50ft ahead...
10201833a.jpg  
Unread 12-02-2010, 06:23 PM   #10
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
100% OEM parts,all parts included,and factory looks.

Fog Light Kit(2008-2009) Factory Jeep Parts, Accessories, Cherokee, Liberty Wrangler
Unread 12-02-2010, 06:49 PM   #11
cmlohff
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
VMF, my camera took ship the bed and this is the only pic I have right now to show the fog lights I installed...... they cost $29.95 at discount auto store. they light up the street about 50ft ahead...
I like that look. Very minimal and sounds like they work great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
Thanks! So I think I will look into this one further.
Unread 01-22-2011, 08:41 PM   #12
jeepernj
2008 KK Liberty 

Hey SuperRliberty, that looks great! Would you be able to post pics of how you mounted the lights or at least explain how you did it? I have been looking for a way to mount my fogs for a while? Thanks
Unread 02-19-2011, 03:17 PM   #13
cmlohff
2008 KK Liberty 

Sorry to bring this thread back up, but I have finally found some time to look into installing fog lights. Would you be willing to explain how to install fog lights the way you did SuperRliberty? I am wondering if it is possible to make it do I can turn them on and off whenever I want and install the switch in the blank buttons on the bottom of the center console?
Unread 02-19-2011, 08:04 PM   #14
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Cmloff, I purchased those foglights from Advance auto. $29.99. It came with a pair of fog lights, lighted switch, fuse holder and relay. The wiring instructions are included.

I wired the relay power to the accessory fuse box. So I can manually turn on the fog lights when the key are in the ignition in the "ON" position or engine running.

The switch is lighted red for on, green for off.
Unread 02-20-2011, 07:55 AM   #15
cmlohff
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Cmloff, I purchased those foglights from Advance auto. $29.99. It came with a pair of fog lights, lighted switch, fuse holder and relay. The wiring instructions are included.

I wired the relay power to the accessory fuse box. So I can manually turn on the fog lights when the key are in the ignition in the "ON" position or engine running.

The switch is lighted red for on, green for off.
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.