ACDeloc's Oil !!? which oil is better for Hot Degrees aLL Year Around . - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > ACDeloc's Oil !!? which oil is better for Hot Degrees aLL Year Around .

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Reply
Unread 06-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #1
ASK87
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UAE, Dubai
Posts: 32
ACDeloc's Oil !!? which oil is better for Hot Degrees aLL Year Around .

Ystday i finally had this brave Step !! Changed Oil At a 'Garage' !! . Good Bye Stupid Hungry Dealers

Any Ways , I had the freedom to Select Oils this time ,

Red Good Reviews For ( ACDelco's 100% synth , 5w30 ) , as it's Supposed to run like 5000 Miles !!

Regarding Viscosity and start up Specs , Which oil you think will be better for Hot and Exteremely Hot Weathers !!? Degrees Never Come Below 48 F Here .

ASK87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 11:06 PM   #2
ASK87
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UAE, Dubai
Posts: 32
and Forgot To say , i used this Injector Cleaner AcDelco Brand Too , i had Some Idle Hesitation and a missfire Alarm Before , and now it's Gone ... Is that Possible ?? and how often you Recommend Using Such Cleaners ?
ASK87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2013, 11:52 PM   #3
Poncherello
Moderator
2010 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Paterson, New Jersey
Posts: 981
Do you have the Diesel or the 3.7 Gas? If it is the 3.7 Gas use 5w20 as recommended in the car manual. As far as Oil, there is an API rating, SL, SM, SN. SN is the most recent also look to see that they oil is Chrysler certified 6395 I think. Anyway depending on what type of oil was being used in your Lib before for example the Dino Oil and want to switch to Synthetic you have slowly move it to do so. You could go 4 qts Dino 1 qt Synthetic, then next change 3qts dino and 2 qts synthetic. Try and stick with the same brand. I use Penzoil Platnum 5w20.

I wouldn't put any additives like injector cleaner or the Oil. Also change your spark plugs every 30K use the copper plugs not the platinum. It would also be good to do a coolant flush using only the Mopar brand and lastly you should do transmission flush and have your transfer case and have the axle fluids checked changed if needed. If you only do local driving, once in the while take it on the highway go up to hwy speed then just open it up and blow some carbon out if it.

Good luck
__________________
When you get knee-deep in a situation, floor it.
Poncherello is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 03:42 AM   #4
ASK87
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UAE, Dubai
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
Do you have the Diesel or the 3.7 Gas? If it is the 3.7 Gas use 5w20 as recommended in the car manual. As far as Oil, there is an API rating, SL, SM, SN. SN is the most recent also look to see that they oil is Chrysler certified 6395 I think. Anyway depending on what type of oil was being used in your Lib before for example the Dino Oil and want to switch to Synthetic you have slowly move it to do so. You could go 4 qts Dino 1 qt Synthetic, then next change 3qts dino and 2 qts synthetic. Try and stick with the same brand. I use Penzoil Platnum 5w20.

I wouldn't put any additives like injector cleaner or the Oil. Also change your spark plugs every 30K use the copper plugs not the platinum. It would also be good to do a coolant flush using only the Mopar brand and lastly you should do transmission flush and have your transfer case and have the axle fluids checked changed if needed. If you only do local driving, once in the while take it on the highway go up to hwy speed then just open it up and blow some carbon out if it.

Good luck


Thanks for your Detailed Reply ,

Actually the manual Recommends 5w20 or 5w30 (in case w20 is not available ) , while i studied some charts i understood that 5w30 is better for higher Temp. Driving , as 5w20 is good for Cold Temp. Driving ,

Since in UAE it's always hot and never come below 50 F , i thought that i dnt need any Cold Weather Rated , and will be better for the engine to use a thicker oil !!

but i didn't change to Synth. Gradually , i drained all old oil and refilled fully Synth !! hope i didnt make a mistake !
ASK87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 03:45 AM   #5
ASK87
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UAE, Dubai
Posts: 32
it's the Gas Version , No diesel Jeeps in this country ^_^
ASK87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
Smetna
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Finger Lakes, New York
Posts: 93
5w30 will be fine. With all engine and oils: Don't run the engine hard until your temperature gauge reaches center.

Going 5000 miles on full synthetic will be fine too. How many miles on your odometer?
Smetna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 10:26 PM   #7
ASK87
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UAE, Dubai
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetna View Post
5w30 will be fine. With all engine and oils: Don't run the engine hard until your temperature gauge reaches center.

Going 5000 miles on full synthetic will be fine too. How many miles on your odometer?
97K Kms , around 53K Miles , Ya Sure i won't Hit the Engine Hard Before 2-3 mnts of Light Driving , but have always been wondering if i need to REV my Engine or leave it on idle for some time before i drive !!
ASK87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 05:34 PM   #8
wjkrostek
Registered User
2012 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: wasilla, Alaska
Posts: 33
Never rev a cold engine also don't idle an engine to warm up, Drive it slowly and gentle to warm it up. I assume You have a lot of dust over there so keep your air and oil filters clean. Might want to change your oil filter if your in a dusty area even if you don't change the oil and then just top it off with a fresh Qt. Heat is a big enemy of oil so keep her cool as you can.
wjkrostek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 03:26 AM   #9
Drednot
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: phoenix, az
Posts: 1,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
Anyway depending on what type of oil was being used in your Lib before for example the Dino Oil and want to switch to Synthetic you have slowly move it to do so. You could go 4 qts Dino 1 qt Synthetic, then next change 3qts dino and 2 qts synthetic.
That info is outdated. It is from the early days of synthetic when people still used non-detergent dino oils and the high detergent content would dissolve the sludge that sealed the gaskets and leaks would develop.

There is also the conventional wisdom that you shouldn't use synthetic for the first few oil changes as the superior lubrication will hamper engine break-in. Most engines these days are machined and fitted to such fine tolerances that many come from the factory with synthetic motor oil.

Either way, you don't have to worry. Your dealer used detergent oils, and you are way past break in.

You can throw synthetic in right away
__________________
91 YJ Sahara, 4.0L, AX-15/NP231, D30/D35
12 Cherokee 4x4,3.7L,
"Non Vi Sed, Arte"
Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 08:58 AM   #10
DarkSport11
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Farmingville, New York
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by drednot View Post
that info is outdated. It is from the early days of synthetic when people still used non-detergent dino oils and the high detergent content would dissolve the sludge that sealed the gaskets and leaks would develop.

There is also the conventional wisdom that you shouldn't use synthetic for the first few oil changes as the superior lubrication will hamper engine break-in. Most engines these days are machined and fitted to such fine tolerances that many come from the factory with synthetic motor oil.

Either way, you don't have to worry. Your dealer used detergent oils, and you are way past break in.

You can throw synthetic in right away
+1.
__________________
2002 KJ Sport 4X4 in Dark Garnet Pearlcoat
2011 KK Sport 4X4 in Dark Charcoal Pearlcoat
DarkSport11 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.