ACDeloc's Oil !!? which oil is better for Hot Degrees aLL Year Around . - JeepForum.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 06-01-2013, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
ASK87
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UAE
Posts: 32
ACDeloc's Oil !!? which oil is better for Hot Degrees aLL Year Around .

Ystday i finally had this brave Step !! Changed Oil At a 'Garage' !! . Good Bye Stupid Hungry Dealers

Any Ways , I had the freedom to Select Oils this time ,

Red Good Reviews For ( ACDelco's 100% synth , 5w30 ) , as it's Supposed to run like 5000 Miles !!

Regarding Viscosity and start up Specs , Which oil you think will be better for Hot and Exteremely Hot Weathers !!? Degrees Never Come Below 48 F Here .

ASK87 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 06-01-2013, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
ASK87
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UAE
Posts: 32
and Forgot To say , i used this Injector Cleaner AcDelco Brand Too , i had Some Idle Hesitation and a missfire Alarm Before , and now it's Gone ... Is that Possible ?? and how often you Recommend Using Such Cleaners ?
ASK87 is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 06-02-2013, 11:52 PM
Poncherello
Moderator
2010 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Paterson
Posts: 1,128
Do you have the Diesel or the 3.7 Gas? If it is the 3.7 Gas use 5w20 as recommended in the car manual. As far as Oil, there is an API rating, SL, SM, SN. SN is the most recent also look to see that they oil is Chrysler certified 6395 I think. Anyway depending on what type of oil was being used in your Lib before for example the Dino Oil and want to switch to Synthetic you have slowly move it to do so. You could go 4 qts Dino 1 qt Synthetic, then next change 3qts dino and 2 qts synthetic. Try and stick with the same brand. I use Penzoil Platnum 5w20.

I wouldn't put any additives like injector cleaner or the Oil. Also change your spark plugs every 30K use the copper plugs not the platinum. It would also be good to do a coolant flush using only the Mopar brand and lastly you should do transmission flush and have your transfer case and have the axle fluids checked changed if needed. If you only do local driving, once in the while take it on the highway go up to hwy speed then just open it up and blow some carbon out if it.

Good luck

When you get knee-deep in a situation, floor it.
Poncherello is offline  
post #4 of 10 Old 06-03-2013, 03:42 AM Thread Starter
ASK87
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UAE
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
Do you have the Diesel or the 3.7 Gas? If it is the 3.7 Gas use 5w20 as recommended in the car manual. As far as Oil, there is an API rating, SL, SM, SN. SN is the most recent also look to see that they oil is Chrysler certified 6395 I think. Anyway depending on what type of oil was being used in your Lib before for example the Dino Oil and want to switch to Synthetic you have slowly move it to do so. You could go 4 qts Dino 1 qt Synthetic, then next change 3qts dino and 2 qts synthetic. Try and stick with the same brand. I use Penzoil Platnum 5w20.

I wouldn't put any additives like injector cleaner or the Oil. Also change your spark plugs every 30K use the copper plugs not the platinum. It would also be good to do a coolant flush using only the Mopar brand and lastly you should do transmission flush and have your transfer case and have the axle fluids checked changed if needed. If you only do local driving, once in the while take it on the highway go up to hwy speed then just open it up and blow some carbon out if it.

Good luck


Thanks for your Detailed Reply ,

Actually the manual Recommends 5w20 or 5w30 (in case w20 is not available ) , while i studied some charts i understood that 5w30 is better for higher Temp. Driving , as 5w20 is good for Cold Temp. Driving ,

Since in UAE it's always hot and never come below 50 F , i thought that i dnt need any Cold Weather Rated , and will be better for the engine to use a thicker oil !!

but i didn't change to Synth. Gradually , i drained all old oil and refilled fully Synth !! hope i didnt make a mistake !
ASK87 is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 06-03-2013, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
ASK87
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UAE
Posts: 32
it's the Gas Version , No diesel Jeeps in this country ^_^
ASK87 is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 06-03-2013, 11:12 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxxSmetna
Guest
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Finger Lakes
Posts: 93
5w30 will be fine. With all engine and oils: Don't run the engine hard until your temperature gauge reaches center.

Going 5000 miles on full synthetic will be fine too. How many miles on your odometer?
xxxxxxxxxxxxSmetna is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 06-03-2013, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
ASK87
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UAE
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetna View Post
5w30 will be fine. With all engine and oils: Don't run the engine hard until your temperature gauge reaches center.

Going 5000 miles on full synthetic will be fine too. How many miles on your odometer?
97K Kms , around 53K Miles , Ya Sure i won't Hit the Engine Hard Before 2-3 mnts of Light Driving , but have always been wondering if i need to REV my Engine or leave it on idle for some time before i drive !!
ASK87 is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 01-13-2014, 05:34 PM
wjkrostek
Registered User
2012 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: wasilla
Posts: 35
Never rev a cold engine also don't idle an engine to warm up, Drive it slowly and gentle to warm it up. I assume You have a lot of dust over there so keep your air and oil filters clean. Might want to change your oil filter if your in a dusty area even if you don't change the oil and then just top it off with a fresh Qt. Heat is a big enemy of oil so keep her cool as you can.
wjkrostek is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 01-14-2014, 03:26 AM
Drednot
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 3,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
Anyway depending on what type of oil was being used in your Lib before for example the Dino Oil and want to switch to Synthetic you have slowly move it to do so. You could go 4 qts Dino 1 qt Synthetic, then next change 3qts dino and 2 qts synthetic.
That info is outdated. It is from the early days of synthetic when people still used non-detergent dino oils and the high detergent content would dissolve the sludge that sealed the gaskets and leaks would develop.

There is also the conventional wisdom that you shouldn't use synthetic for the first few oil changes as the superior lubrication will hamper engine break-in. Most engines these days are machined and fitted to such fine tolerances that many come from the factory with synthetic motor oil.

Either way, you don't have to worry. Your dealer used detergent oils, and you are way past break in.

You can throw synthetic in right away

91 YJ Sahara, 4.0L, AX-15/NP231, D30/D35@3.07
12 Cherokee 4x4,3.7L,42RLE/MP1522, D30M/8.25@3.73
Emission test=YES
"Non Vi Sed, Arte"
Drednot is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 01-14-2014, 08:58 AM
DarkSport11
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Farmingville
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by drednot View Post
that info is outdated. It is from the early days of synthetic when people still used non-detergent dino oils and the high detergent content would dissolve the sludge that sealed the gaskets and leaks would develop.

There is also the conventional wisdom that you shouldn't use synthetic for the first few oil changes as the superior lubrication will hamper engine break-in. Most engines these days are machined and fitted to such fine tolerances that many come from the factory with synthetic motor oil.

Either way, you don't have to worry. Your dealer used detergent oils, and you are way past break in.

You can throw synthetic in right away
+1.

2011 KK Sport 4X4 in Dark Charcoal Pearlcoat
DarkSport11 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome