Acc. power interrupts when starting engine. Any way around this? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Acc. power interrupts when starting engine. Any way around this?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! ECGS Black Friday Sale!!Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 03-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
JSAN

Acc. power interrupts when starting engine. Any way around this?

So i have a dash cam and radar detector and aftermarket head unit. I shut off the engine and continue listening to music while i wait. And then when i go to start the jeep back up all the electronics re-start when the engine fires up.

Is there anyway to keep the accessories running while the key is turned to start the engine?

Maybe a mod by installing a capacitor in the acc. circuit?

JSAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #2
pilot143
2011 KK Liberty 

I don't think there is... and if there is, not sure I would want it.

Its all about amp draws and blowing fuses. your battery can only supply so many amps at one time before it gives out. Your battery might not be able to run your radio, fans, lights, engine computer, dc outlet etc etc etc... whatever options you have... and still turn over the engine. It cuts out for a reason, not because the mfg doesn't want you to listen to tunes as the car starts.
pilot143 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2013, 11:06 PM   #3
JSAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot143 View Post
I don't think there is... and if there is, not sure I would want it.

Its all about amp draws and blowing fuses. your battery can only supply so many amps at one time before it gives out. Your battery might not be able to run your radio, fans, lights, engine computer, dc outlet etc etc etc... whatever options you have... and still turn over the engine. It cuts out for a reason, not because the mfg doesn't want you to listen to tunes as the car starts.
I realize that, but i've got an optima yellow top battery in the jeep. I've got the yellow top in my truck as well and it doesn't cut out the acc.while it's turning the engine.

I'm guessing a super capacitor to hold the charge for couple of seconds.
JSAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2013, 06:34 AM   #4
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSAN View Post
I realize that, but i've got an optima yellow top battery in the jeep. I've got the yellow top in my truck as well and it doesn't cut out the acc.while it's turning the engine.

I'm guessing a super capacitor to hold the charge for couple of seconds.
Yeah that battery is crap and will fail shortly.Nothing you can do as it's how the ignition switch is wired,it cuts all non essential loads to provide the most cranking power to start the engine.
Unread 03-18-2013, 07:01 AM   #5
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Many KK owners have hard wired a second acc port AKA: cig lighter and wired it direct to the battery.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.