6 cyl to 4cyl ECO with 3.7L - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 6 cyl to 4cyl ECO with 3.7L

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 12-05-2010, 12:03 PM   #1
royhkeith
2010 KK Liberty 

6 cyl to 4cyl ECO with 3.7L

My 2010 Liberty Renegade is equipped with the EVIC (Electronic Vehicle Info Center). One of the displays reads out the compass heading and outside temp. Below the temp, an ECO reading will be indicated when "you are driving in a fuel efficient manner". When I was test driving the vehicle the dealer told me that at this time the computer shuts down the fuel injectors to 2 cylinders to increase fuel milage. I have the ECO displayed after I have reached cruise speed, the tach indicates the torque converter has locked up, and I ease off the throttle to only maintain speed. Neither the Owners Manual that came in the glove compartment nor the 520 page expanded owners manual that I ordered (free) after delivery mention 6 to 4 cyl operation.

Does anyone know if this actually happens?

Also, I have read on this forum, I believe, that the injectors are deactivated when decelerating. Is this true, and if so, is it all 6 injectors?

royhkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2010, 12:15 PM   #2
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by royhkeith View Post
My 2010 Liberty Renegade is equipped with the EVIC (Electronic Vehicle Info Center). One of the displays reads out the compass heading and outside temp. Below the temp, an ECO reading will be indicated when "you are driving in a fuel efficient manner". When I was test driving the vehicle the dealer told me that at this time the computer shuts down the fuel injectors to 2 cylinders to increase fuel milage. I have the ECO displayed after I have reached cruise speed, the tach indicates the torque converter has locked up, and I ease off the throttle to only maintain speed. Neither the Owners Manual that came in the glove compartment nor the 520 page expanded owners manual that I ordered (free) after delivery mention 6 to 4 cyl operation.

Does anyone know if this actually happens?

Also, I have read on this forum, I believe, that the injectors are deactivated when decelerating. Is this true, and if so, is it all 6 injectors?
Your salesmam doesnt have a clue what he's selling.The only vehicles that shut off cylinders are the Hemis,called MDS.Here is what the Liberty has- Chrysler has introduced iDFSO, Interactive Decel Fuel Shut-Off, software that cuts fuel to the engine while decelerating, to increase gas mileage. The amount of fuel shutoff is increased with certain engine speeds. This system increases both city and highway gas mileage, and lights a Fuel Saver indicator light when active.
richd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

^ What he said. No MDS on the 3.7L or any other (current, hehe) Chrysler V6 engine.
Unread 12-05-2010, 05:27 PM   #4
royhkeith
2010 KK Liberty 

No MDS on the 3.7L or any other (current, hehe) Chrysler V6 engine.

Thank you for clarifying this for me. This point did not have anything to do with my purchase. But it does show that a lot of misinformation is thrown out in an attempt to make a sale.
Unread 12-07-2010, 10:31 AM   #5
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by royhkeith View Post
No MDS on the 3.7L or any other (current, hehe) Chrysler V6 engine.

Thank you for clarifying this for me. This point did not have anything to do with my purchase. But it does show that a lot of misinformation is thrown out in an attempt to make a sale.
I've been in sales before.

That's pretty much part of... selling. Lying. That's what they train you to do. Sad, really. I never lied. I used other methods to sell my products.
Unread 12-07-2010, 08:17 PM   #6
alex725
2009 XK Commander 

OT, where did you get the manual from? I think the move to disc is completely stupid.
alex725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2010, 07:17 AM   #7
royhkeith
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex725 View Post
OT, where did you get the manual from? I think the move to disc is completely stupid.
I agree with stupid way to present detailed info. I tried to use the disc and wasted my time searching. I noted a phone number on the disc lable :1-(800) 992-1997 (in US). I called and got through to someone who mailed me the 520 page Owners Manual and also a Warranty Manual with very detailed warranty info, a must to understand ahead of time. The Owners Manual is very easy to use. Be sure to have your VIN number at hand.
Unread 12-09-2010, 07:33 PM   #8
alex725
2009 XK Commander 

THANK YOU! I will be calling tomorrow morning!
alex725 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.