4wd serv light on - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 4wd serv light on

Introducing MONSTALINER UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 02-16-2014, 02:06 PM   #1
FLKK
2008 KK Liberty 

4wd serv light on

I recently bought a 2008 jeep kk sport 4x4. And I used the 4hi once since I bought it. Today I was going to a fishing hole and there was some rough looking sand ahead so I figured I will switch the 4wd hi on. As I did I put the jeep in neutral, powered down the jeep,switched to 4wd hi and it sounded like it engaged but then the 4wd serv light pops up. So I decided to go home rather then go through any of the sand. I choose to do the other method of switching the car Into 4hi by powering it down just because the dealer told me to do that by preference. I got home and disconnected the negative on the battery for about 1min and went to check again its still on. Any suggestions?
I had a guy tell me to back the jeep up about 100 feet and it should reset sensors not sure if that would help.

FLKK is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.