33 inch - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 33 inch

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-27-2013, 11:54 AM   #61
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
Most KK's/KJ's will have UCA to coil contact at full extension.It varies from vehicle to vehicle but I spent a whole day getting everything just perfect between moving the cradle to the alignment on mine for maximum travel without contact.
Yeah, I've thought about clocking them. I really hate hearing that noise and knowing what is causing it. Although, I also don't think I would like knowing that my shocks were topping out with the force that the OME HD springs have...

huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 12:00 PM   #62
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntb View Post
Yeah, I've thought about clocking them. I really hate hearing that noise and knowing what is causing it. Although, I also don't think I would like knowing that my shocks were topping out with the force that the OME HD springs have...
Full extension does not hurt shocks,it's that forcefull full compression that kills them.
Unread 08-27-2013, 09:48 PM   #63
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntb View Post
Adjustable coilovers took care of all of my noise from springs hitting the JBA UCAs
Unread 08-27-2013, 09:57 PM   #64
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd

Adjustable coilovers took care of all of my noise from springs hitting the JBA UCAs
I was told the JBA springs have a smaller coil diameter and that OME springs are close to stock diameter.
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Ted15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 10:07 PM   #65
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15 View Post
I was told the JBA springs have a smaller coil diameter and that OME springs are close to stock diameter.
That is correct Ted

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.