33 inch - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 33 inch

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Reply
Unread 08-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #46
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Posts: 2,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmelv View Post
it rides good and it handles fine in the woods i need better shocks for the more flex and geting the new struts for the same reason not saying my libby is the best at all its far from the best i know that but its still nice. im going 4 inches soon as get the money and i didnt buy these tires new for this i had them on my 01 cherokee and just switched them
You obviously need to do a lot more research on suspension systems, the KJ and KK platforms in particular. Changing your struts and shocks by themselves will not change anything with flex. There should be plenty of stickys in the KJ and KK forums on this, as well as using the search function, just look up tommudds posts. He is very well versed on what works, and what doesn't. Hell he has a lift kit named after him. There is a saying, we can lead a horse to water, but we can't make it drink. Same applies here. We can all tell you what is wrong with your setup, but if you aren't willing to listen and learn from the pros, there isn't much helping you.

streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 08:29 AM   #47
bmelv
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 50
Well I'm just gonna save up for the jba lift its a lot but worth it my set up is fine for now I just want it for some mud no rocks for me
bmelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 08:39 AM   #48
bmelv
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 50
I'm not loaded and I'm only 18 so I need some time to get the money to actually make it perfect as I said tho I only am mudding nothing more i appreciate the help people are giving the only thing is that my 32s run fine on my daystar lift I trimmed the bumper cuz of the look also not just for the tires and the pinch welds just have to be bent in no matter what even the xj owners do it
bmelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #49
huntb
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Grand Haven, MI
Posts: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmelv View Post
I'm not loaded and I'm only 18 so I need some time to get the money to actually make it perfect as I said tho I only am mudding nothing more i appreciate the help people are giving the only thing is that my 32s run fine on my daystar lift I trimmed the bumper cuz of the look also not just for the tires and the pinch welds just have to be bent in no matter what even the xj owners do it
It's really kind of hard to understand what you are trying to convey with that 84 word run on sentence. Granted, I myself am no English major. Simply a lowly engineer...
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 08:47 AM   #50
bmelv
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 50
And also I need the new shock for more down travel which allows more flex and the won't flex much more than now until I get the longer a arms. And better struts so I mean they also play a roll in the flex
bmelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #51
huntb
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Grand Haven, MI
Posts: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmelv View Post
And also I need the new shock for more down travel which allows more flex and the won't flex much more than now until I get the longer a arms. And better struts so I mean they also play a roll in the flex
A arms and shocks are not the only thing limiting the amount of down travel you have. The KK has an IFS, you should research how it works and the components that make it up. This is not your XJ
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 08:59 AM   #52
bmelv
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 50
I'm saying the pinch weld are like the xj not the suspension and yes I do need todo more research on the ifs this is true
bmelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 09:03 AM   #53
tjkj2002
Registered User
2002 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 7,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmelv View Post
And also I need the new shock for more down travel which allows more flex and the won't flex much more than now until I get the longer a arms. And better struts so I mean they also play a roll in the flex
The majority of the lifts out there for the KK/KJ you will not get any more flex out of the front end then a stock KJ.There are no longer front shocks(yes they are shocks) for the KK/KJ until you get into the high priced kits from JBA.The OME,Bilstien,Ironman,Rancho,Monroe,KYB,and OEM front shocks are all the same length(compressed and extended).

You can get more flex in the rear but are very much limited to your rear brakes lines for the KK.
__________________
'02 Liberty sitting on 35" tires,HP44,RockJock60,and AtlasII t-case
tjkj2002 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 09:06 AM   #54
huntb
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Grand Haven, MI
Posts: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmelv View Post
I'm saying the pinch weld are like the xj not the suspension and yes I do need todo more research on the ifs this is true
Well at least you are willing to learn which is good. You will not need longer shocks up front. Better, yes, longer, no. If you get Al's A arms, it will help with down travel some but they will still hit the springs before your shocks ever top out. If you would like more articulation from left to right you can disconnect the front sway bar when wheeling, but be careful. Those big @ss tires you have in there could cause some pretty good damage if and when they smash into the fenders. You should make sure you have bumpstops that are long enough to prevent fender smashage. Terraflex makes bumpstops for the KK but even they might not be long enough for 32s.
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #55
bmelv
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 50
Yea I am getting them from terraflex so they don't smash
bmelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #56
bmelv
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 50
And yes I am extending my brake lines and really the front struts(shocks) are all the same length but aren't they longer then stock and I do realize that the arm will hit before they bottom out
bmelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #57
tjkj2002
Registered User
2002 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 7,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmelv View Post
And yes I am extending my brake lines and really the front struts(shocks) are all the same length but aren't they longer then stock and I do realize that the arm will hit before they bottom out
Nope all front shocks are the same length till you get to the exotic lifts.


When I was still IFS my front shocks would be fully extended(Rancho 17505's) before the JBA UCA would touch the coil.
__________________
'02 Liberty sitting on 35" tires,HP44,RockJock60,and AtlasII t-case
tjkj2002 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 11:27 AM   #58
bmelv
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 50
Oh **** now I learned something new lol thanks this helps a lot
bmelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 11:29 AM   #59
huntb
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Grand Haven, MI
Posts: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
Nope all front shocks are the same length till you get to the exotic lifts.


When I was still IFS my front shocks would be fully extended(Rancho 17505's) before the JBA UCA would touch the coil.
Well this makes me wanna double check now. When I was up at Silver Lake the other weekend I thought I heard the same metal on spring noise that the stock arms made when contacting the spring. When I get around to my brake job up front I'll check.
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #60
tjkj2002
Registered User
2002 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 7,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntb View Post
Well this makes me wanna double check now. When I was up at Silver Lake the other weekend I thought I heard the same metal on spring noise that the stock arms made when contacting the spring. When I get around to my brake job up front I'll check.
Most KK's/KJ's will have UCA to coil contact at full extension.It varies from vehicle to vehicle but I spent a whole day getting everything just perfect between moving the cradle to the alignment on mine for maximum travel without contact.
__________________
'02 Liberty sitting on 35" tires,HP44,RockJock60,and AtlasII t-case
tjkj2002 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.