30K Service estimates - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 30K Service estimates

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!

Unread 01-29-2012, 06:12 AM   #16
swamppro
2008 KK Liberty 

Very cool digger!! Want to visit Louisiana??? haha

swamppro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 08:32 AM   #17
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson75 View Post
I'm resurrecting a very old post, but I just hit the 30k mile mark in my Liberty. The CD manual I was given states to do the following at 30k miles:

Inspect the transfer case fluid.
Adjust the parking brake.
Replace the air filter.
Replace the spark plugs.

Every 18k miles "Inspect the front and rear axle fluid, change if using your vehicle for police, taxi, fleet, off-road or frequent trailer towing."

So, if this is my DD and not abused for fleet service, do I not have to change these fluids? I've off-roaded maybe 5 times since purchase and pulled a trailer twice. But, my Jeep was a purchased used and was a rental prior to me owning it. Knowing how people treat rentals, should I have everything done now just in case?

Is there a dealer anywhere that would 'inspect' these items and not suggest full service???
Being a rental, qualifies that as fleet use, so it should have all services done by severe service schedules up until the time you bought it. You're at 30k, so plugs are automatic, if the air filter is dirty then replace it, if not, dont worry with it. I would go ahead and change the gear box fluids, since it was a fleet vehicle, and knowing fleet maint., it was never done.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.