30K Service estimates - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 30K Service estimates

HELLA FF75 12V 55W H7 Fog Lamps - SPECIAL OVERSTOCK SALE FBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiJeep Gear & Install Packages!

Unread 02-11-2010, 02:59 PM   #1
boulderado

30K Service estimates

Hi guys,

I have '08 Liberty 6-speed with about 27,000 miles on it. Last time I took it in for oil/filter the service mgr said it was time to start planning the 30K service. These are the recommended items with estimates:

Front differential: $100
Rear differential: $100
Transfer case service: $85
Transmission flush: $250
Tuneup (spark plugs): $120
Fuel injection flush: 140

This seems pretty darn expensive to me. So, the question is, what is needed at 30K and does anyone have recommendation for a good 4x4 shop in the Boulder/Longmont area of Colorado? The Jeep is my daily hauler and most of the miles are highway miles (including one trip to NY and back as well as a trip to Seattle and back). It has been used off-road only 3-4 times (Transfer Trail, Glenwood) and it usually just runs in 2-wheel drive.

Thankful for any advice.

boulderado is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2010, 03:23 PM   #2
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

Those prices are about what i was quoted, BUT, if your decent with basic tools you can change both differentials,transfer case, and spark plugs with ease. The transmission i havnt looked into and unless your engine is running rough or stalling the injectors are probably clean. Some recommend using a full bottle of Chevron Techron in a half talk of gas and running as low to empty as possible while driving on the highway. I personally use STP Cleaner but its all a matter of opinion
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Elt31987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2010, 07:40 PM   #3
mike79

Wait- $895 at 30k? My 600hp mustang requires a fraction of that at that mileage interval.

Question- Can Jeep void your lifetime powertrain warranty if you dont have the 30k maintenance done? Or I should say, if you do it yourself, can they claim that it voids the warranty because a Jeep tech didnt perform the work?

Last edited by mike79; 02-11-2010 at 08:02 PM..
mike79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
Dave_B
2008 KK Liberty 

How much off roading do you do? This is the maintenance schedule out of the owners manual. I don't see the need to service the diff's, and only inspect the transfer case. Sounds like they are drumming up business.

Replace the engine air cleaner filter.
30,000 50 000 30 (miles-Kilometers-months)
Change the manual transmission fluid if using your
vehicle for any of the following: trailer towing, snow
plowing, heavy loading, taxi, police, delivery service
(commercial service), off-road, desert operation, or
more then 50% of your driving is at sustained high
speeds during hot weather, above 90°F (32°C).
30,000 50 000 30
Inspect the transfer case fluid. 30,000 50 000 30

Replace the spark plugs. 30,000 50 000 30
Unread 02-14-2010, 09:40 AM   #5
mike79

Thank you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_B View Post
How much off roading do you do? This is the maintenance schedule out of the owners manual. I don't see the need to service the diff's, and only inspect the transfer case. Sounds like they are drumming up business.

Replace the engine air cleaner filter.
30,000 50 000 30 (miles-Kilometers-months)
Change the manual transmission fluid if using your
vehicle for any of the following: trailer towing, snow
plowing, heavy loading, taxi, police, delivery service
(commercial service), off-road, desert operation, or
more then 50% of your driving is at sustained high
speeds during hot weather, above 90°F (32°C).
30,000 50 000 30
Inspect the transfer case fluid. 30,000 50 000 30

Replace the spark plugs. 30,000 50 000 30
Unread 02-23-2010, 08:56 AM   #6
tweed
2008 KK Liberty 

I have an 08 6-spd as well. I think that these quotes are crazy. I have had 2 manual Cherokees with more than 200K and never touched transmission or differential fluids. I don't plan on touching them on the KK. A transmission flush? really?

as others stated, unless it is running rough there is no need for the injector cleaner. you can do some PM on your own. Platinum plugs are in the $5-6 each range and would be good for 50-60K. replace them yourself if you are able.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boulderado View Post
Hi guys,

I have '08 Liberty 6-speed with about 27,000 miles on it. Last time I took it in for oil/filter the service mgr said it was time to start planning the 30K service. These are the recommended items with estimates:

Front differential: $100
Rear differential: $100
Transfer case service: $85
Transmission flush: $250
Tuneup (spark plugs): $120
Fuel injection flush: 140

Thankful for any advice.
tweed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2010, 05:22 PM   #7
coder
2010 KK Liberty 

Here is what the Owner’s Manual says needs to be done. Buy an air filter at an Auto Parts store and put it in yourself, have the dealer do the oil/filter and plugs. You can check the transfer case by removing the fill plug and putting your finger in the fill hole, if there is fluid just below the opening your good. (price $0.00)
2008liberty.jpg  

Last edited by coder; 02-23-2010 at 05:50 PM..
coder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2010, 05:46 PM   #8
ThePinkBaron
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike79 View Post
Wait- $895 at 30k? My 600hp mustang requires a fraction of that at that mileage interval.

Question- Can Jeep void your lifetime powertrain warranty if you dont have the 30k maintenance done? Or I should say, if you do it yourself, can they claim that it voids the warranty because a Jeep tech didnt perform the work?
600hp mustang?
ThePinkBaron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2010, 06:00 PM   #9
mike79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePinkBaron View Post
600hp mustang?
495 rwhp/490rwtq = give or take 580 at the crank with drivetrain loss (about 16/17%)

Plans within the next year to either port the existing blower, or go bigger. Hope for 600 at the wheels.
Unread 02-24-2010, 12:30 AM   #10
ThePinkBaron
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike79 View Post
495 rwhp/490rwtq = give or take 580 at the crank with drivetrain loss (about 16/17%)

Plans within the next year to either port the existing blower, or go bigger. Hope for 600 at the wheels.
Okay.. even the GT 500 only makes 540 hp 470ish at the wheels. Im impressed that you can build it stronger than Shelby..

Sorry OP, carry on.
ThePinkBaron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2010, 01:29 AM   #11
geene519
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePinkBaron View Post
Okay.. even the GT 500 only makes 540 hp 470ish at the wheels. Im impressed that you can build it stronger than Shelby..

Sorry OP, carry on.
shelby doesn't really build the cars...just puts his name on it and the ford charges a huge premium for it...10 years ago 450rwhp would have been a good amount of power, now its 600rwhp+ if you want to stay competitive...haha

to the OP - i was quoted 360 for just front and rear diff, i laughed at them...lol
geene519 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2010, 06:14 PM   #12
diggerfreek
2008 KK Liberty 

boulderado,

PM me and we can work on your KK. I can do all of that for less than $200 which includes labor and parts. Plus I can teach you!

I'm down in aurora
diggerfreek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2010, 11:59 AM   #13
z06boy
2010 KK Liberty 

Those prices are crazy...(the original post...not the one above me) ...I'd do most of it myself and keep the receipts for everything you buy.

My Vette is very similar in power to the Mustang mentioned above. 495 rwhp and 481 rwtq.

I owned a Mustang a while back...an old 5.0 foxbody that put down 440 rwhp and around 400 rwtq.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2010, 06:44 PM   #14
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

The F/R diffs are 15k change intervals,a must if using synthetic gear oil.The t-case is 30k,plugs must be done every 30k if not sooner.The fuel induction cleaning is well worth it and should be done only once a year,it's not the same as adding cleaners to the gas tank,not even close.

Follow there maintenance schedule to the letter,if you do the work keep all receipts with the mileage and date done.And use the correct fluids,very important for the trans(which you can not check the level yourself anyways),diffs,and cooling system.Any missed items can and will void any warranty,it's clearly stated in your warranty paperwork and with Fiat in control now they are enforcing it now unlike before.

Sure it may seem like alot of money but it's all worth it in the long run if you plan on keeping your vehicle for some time.Will things break? Yes but the major failures should be non-existent if you properly maintain your vehicle as per there specs.
Unread 01-29-2012, 06:02 AM   #15
Anderson75
2010 KK Liberty 

I'm resurrecting a very old post, but I just hit the 30k mile mark in my Liberty. The CD manual I was given states to do the following at 30k miles:

Inspect the transfer case fluid.
Adjust the parking brake.
Replace the air filter.
Replace the spark plugs.

Every 18k miles "Inspect the front and rear axle fluid, change if using your vehicle for police, taxi, fleet, off-road or frequent trailer towing."

So, if this is my DD and not abused for fleet service, do I not have to change these fluids? I've off-roaded maybe 5 times since purchase and pulled a trailer twice. But, my Jeep was a purchased used and was a rental prior to me owning it. Knowing how people treat rentals, should I have everything done now just in case?

Is there a dealer anywhere that would 'inspect' these items and not suggest full service???
Anderson75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.