3.7 head replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 3.7 head replacement

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black (Paint to Match) Grille

Unread 09-03-2014, 09:57 AM   #1
warbed1

3.7 head replacement

I try to do light repairs to vehicle since I was forcefully retired from the automotive business. Anyways a friend brought over his 2010 Liberty for a tuneup and instead found a blown head gasket. Pulled head while at top dead center compression stroke. Had to replace head due to warpage. Number 2 by the way was the one pumping water but for some reason after pulling head number 3 cylinder looked like it swallowed a bolt. the head was pounded but piston was perfect. Must of had a head replaced at one time with a bad head. Yea I know.Ok anyways online there is a torque specs for the head. one spec is for 20lbs on all 13mm bolts then 1/4 turn. It was missing the other 1/4 turn part. You have to do it twice. I also did not have to pull the timing cover to perform this procedure. For getting the upper tensioner back in you have to retract the oil tensioner. I just placed a long hose clamp end ontop of the tensioner and inserted the tensioner once in place just pulled the hose clamp strap out. Easy.

warbed1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.