2WD to 4WD - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2WD to 4WD

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 12-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #1
davidshain
2009 JK Wrangler 

2WD to 4WD

Hello all. Since I owe way too much on my Liberty Limited Latitude and I cannot trade it in on what I want, I am forced to consider changing my Liberty from 2WD to 4WD. Has anyone out there done this to a Liberty or Nitro? Is it just too expensive to fret about it? What are my other options? I love the Liberty, other than its a 2WD! I traded for it in OK and they dont believe in 4x4 there!

davidshain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 08:33 PM   #2
JeepLibertyKK
2012 KK Liberty 

Sure seems like it would be a costly upgrade, and not one that would be cost effective at all unless you could do a lot of the labor yourself. I guess you would start by looking for a Liberty that has been totaled but mechanically sound, but there's a lot more to it than just installing the running gear.

Hard to say what options you might have without stating why it is that you want a four-wheeler. Snow? Off-roading on weekends?

I just noticed... Looks like you have another thread on this exact same subject already running here...
JeepLibertyKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #3
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Doing the mechanical part is easy,getting it to work via the computers will be almost impossible without a lot of $$$.

Will be much cheaper to trade in for a 4wd one and take the hit which will be far less then trying to convert it.Besides that converting it will void any warranty period since it will effect all systems(yes including everything electrical) and the trade in value will be next to nothing.
Unread 12-13-2013, 11:50 AM   #4
Cobradwight
2012 KK Liberty 

I've seen people do swaps from 2 wheel drive to 4x4 before .
As mentioned to make it affordable your gonna need a donor vehicle , most likely a wrecked one .
Your gonna need the transfer case, driveshaft, cv axels, front diff assembly, wiring harness and prob a few other things.
Cobradwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #5
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobradwight View Post
I've seen people do swaps from 2 wheel drive to 4x4 before .
As mentioned to make it affordable your gonna need a donor vehicle , most likely a wrecked one .
Your gonna need the transfer case, driveshaft, cv axels, front diff assembly, wiring harness and prob a few other things.
Not so easy with a computer controlled 4wd system.A '90's Wrangler or any pickup sure very easy but not on anything newer then a '08.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.