2012 Liberty Seats - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2012 Liberty Seats

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-15-2012, 05:52 AM   #1
toppans

2012 Liberty Seats

Morning All, I have a 2012 Liberty and I hate the drivers seat! Is there anyway to remove that cheap lumbar support?
Thanks for your help.

toppans is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #2
Zambonie
2012 KK Liberty 

If you put the lumbar switch up... it should run flush with the vertical supports of the seat. Are you still feeling it even in the up position?
Zambonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #3
toppans

Still feel it. Hate these seats. This is my fourth Jeep and the worst seats ever. Wish I had my Wrangler seats back.
toppans is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2012, 12:25 AM   #4
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Im sure if you pull the seat out , you can figure out how to skin it and see if you can remove the lumbar doohickey.

Mine lowers enough where I cant feel it. Thank goodness cause I cant stand them.

But I must confess... this is my 10th jeep and the most comfortable.
Go figure.
Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 11:23 PM   #5
backinblack
2009 KK Liberty 

I had a 2012 KK for a week as a service loaner and didn't like the driver's seat at all. It almost turned me right off from the Liberty, but I found a 2009 North Edition and the seat just worked for me. No lumbar adjustment at all. Still, I think if there is one thing that could be improved upon with great effect it would be the seats in the KK. Give us height adjustment. Give us a little bit wider bucket. And oh - PLEASE put the back seat releases on the top of the seat like the KJ, so it can be reached from the cargo area!!
backinblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #6
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

If the only thing you hate about the Liberty is the seat comfort go to a local auto upholster shop and let them strip the cover add a little support or take it away to custom fit the seat to your liking. They may also be able to move the air bladder to fit better to your personal taste. I wouldn't think that it would cost more than a couple of hundred dollars at most.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.