2012 liberty kk tow hooks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2012 liberty kk tow hooks

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Alloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 02-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
Pee-J-2012

2012 liberty kk tow hooks

Just got a bran spankin new liberty and looking to slowly add mods. First up and I think very important (with chicago winters and there always seems to be someone in a ditch when im around) is tow hooks... Been looking online and not finding to much info only for kjs... any input would be helpfull, and would d rings be better or just standard hooks?

Pee-J-2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 09:51 PM   #2
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

If you have a tow hitch get a rear hitch shackle.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #3
VegasDragger45
2010 KK Liberty 

The two front hooks from the kj will work on yours. I added them with no issues and many others have as well. In the rear you can either add the factory tow hook or if you have a hitch I just use a receiver mount with a d ring on it.
2010 KK, 2" Daystar lift, 245/75/16 BFG All-Terrains, interior LED's, front rear and cargo liner weather tech's, Pioneer AVH-p4400BT, GEX-P920XM, Kicker 6" in front 5 1/4" in rear, PB 2.75" in dash, Kicker 300.1 amp, Pioneer TS-SWX310, JK light bar with Hella 500 ff and 100w bulb, BOYO rear view camera, JBA exhaust, K&N drop in filter and more to come.
VegasDragger45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 07:42 AM   #4
Pee-J-2012

Ok good info. Yeah dont have a hitch reciever so maby just a hook on the back for now. Thank you
Unread 02-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #5
JeepN4KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasDragger45 View Post
The two front hooks from the kj will work on yours. I added them with no issues and many others have as well. In the rear you can either add the factory tow hook or if you have a hitch I just use a receiver mount with a d ring on it.
Dou you have a link to the tow hooks that you're talking about?

I found some on Morris 4x4 and justforjeeps (Mopar) but I wouldn't know which ones work on the KK, or do all of them work?

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 02-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #6
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

The KJ tow hooks are you're best bet for the front. You get both driver and passenger side front tow hooks for the same price as the KK tow hook, but the KK only gives you a passenger(yet if you ordered them from the factory you get both sides, go figure). I believe justforjeeps are the right ones, I haven't checked in a while. You could always go to your dealership too.

Oh I also feel that the hitch is the best way to go rather than a rear tow hook. I only say this because you will have a hitch for mutiple purposes, when a tow hook will only have 1.
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #7
Pee-J-2012

Ill check the kj ones out the hitch is my next add on
Unread 02-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #8
BloodyShadow23
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC
If you have a tow hitch get a rear hitch shackle.
What is a rear hitch shackle?
Unread 02-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #9
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

JeepN4KC,
Are you looking for front tow hooks for your KK? I thought you had them already?
Unread 02-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #10
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Another option would be to go with a front receiver hitch. Last time I looked they were somewhere in the $125 range. Then you could use a reciver shackle front or rear.

I am a big believer of tow points front and rear, as sometimes turning around isn't an option.
Unread 02-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #11
Jeepin11
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen
Another option would be to go with a front receiver hitch. Last time I looked they were somewhere in the $125 range. Then you could use a reciver shackle front or rear.

I am a big believer of tow points front and rear, as sometimes turning around isn't an option.
You know I was looking at those front receiver mounts. I am more worried about approach angle and ground clearance. We need all we can get with our kk's.
Jeepin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #12
Pee-J-2012

Has anyone ever ordered thru jcwhitney? Found some hooks for decent price guaranteed to fit our money back
Unread 02-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #13
JeepN4KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyShadow23 View Post
What is a rear hitch shackle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
JeepN4KC,
Are you looking for front tow hooks for your KK? I thought you had them already?
Nope, our KK doesn't have any recovery points. Wife says it's never goin wheelin - but I say never say never. Plus, tow hooks are always good to have.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 02-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #14
Jeepin11
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pee-J-2012
Has anyone ever ordered thru jcwhitney? Found some hooks for decent price guaranteed to fit our money back
They are a very good and reputable company.
Jeepin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #15
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

I have seen two different front receiver hitch offerings. One did place the receiver opening pretty low under the facia. The other had the receiver opeining up higher where you would have to cut a section of the lower plasic grill for access to the tube.
Either because of the manner in which they mount using OEM mounting points would help double as a front skid protection for the radiator lower frame and another coolers mounted in that area.

As for not taking the KK Four Wheeling, best I recall up in the KC area, Mother Nature brings the need for tow points at least a few times a year...LOL

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.