2012 Liberty chirps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2012 Liberty chirps

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-13-2013, 09:39 AM   #1
Terryannj
2012 KK Liberty 

2012 Liberty chirps

My Liberty makes a chirping sound within seconds after shutting off the engine. It is not consistent...some days its almost immediately after shutting off & exiting; some days its 15 seconds after shutting off & exiting. Dealership can't figure out the problem. Anyone else having this issue?

Terryannj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

I think the liberty just has a mild case of Tourette's. it likes to make odd noises. Mine will do similar things. At times when motor is on or off, it will generate an odd sound from behind the dashboard. It actually kind of sounds like the is a multiple disk CD changer moving between disks. I'm sure there is some kind of electrical device explanation for it, but for now it doesn't cause any issues otherwise so I haven't bothered looking further into it.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #3
Cutelildevil666
2012 KK Liberty 

Mine chirps sometimes between 2nd and 3rd gear i believe.
Unread 02-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #4
HSOUSA
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575 View Post
I think the liberty just has a mild case of Tourette's. it likes to make odd noises. Mine will do similar things. At times when motor is on or off, it will generate an odd sound from behind the dashboard. It actually kind of sounds like the is a multiple disk CD changer moving between disks. I'm sure there is some kind of electrical device explanation for it, but for now it doesn't cause any issues otherwise so I haven't bothered looking further into it.

A friend of mine works at a car rental place, he says alot of 2010+ cars do it.. Mine does it to sometimes.. I assume its the computer doing its thing
HSOUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #5
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

I figured as much with all the computer nonsense of these card today.

Unread 02-16-2013, 05:31 AM   #6
sreno0207
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575

That is the heating system doors "zeroing". They go to full open and full closed, it does this every so many cycles.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
sreno0207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 09:30 AM   #7
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreno0207

That is the heating system doors "zeroing". They go to full open and full closed, it does this every so many cycles.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
There ya go. That makes sense always sounded like it was in that area. Thanks for the info

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.