2012 Liberty Alignment recommendations - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2012 Liberty Alignment recommendations

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 09-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #1
Steve40th

2012 Liberty Alignment recommendations

I just purchased a used 2012 with Latitude package 4wd etc, 13000 miles. Its alignment is off as the front tires are feathered. Are there specs better than OEM people here recommend?
Or should I just go to Sears, for example and get it done.

Steve40th is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

If you lived in North Jersey, there is a guy that I know that does awesome alignment work. Only thing he won't do is touch aftermarket suspension, even after bribing him with a case of beer lol. Maybe someone on here that lives near you could hook you up
Unread 09-01-2013, 09:39 PM   #3
Steve40th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
If you lived in North Jersey, there is a guy that I know that does awesome alignment work. Only thing he won't do is touch aftermarket suspension, even after bribing him with a case of beer lol. Maybe someone on here that lives near you could hook you up
Funny, this was a Jersey car...
Unread 09-01-2013, 10:28 PM   #4
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

LOL - I bought my mine new and had to get an alignment after about 20K. It may of been from the manufacturer or my GF - I let her drive it on the beach, she thought she was racing the Dakar. Anyways after having it realigned and rotating the tires every oil change; I have almost 60K on the stock tires and they have 1/3 of tread life on them.
Unread 09-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #5
Steve40th

Thanks Poncherello. I plan on taking it in this week andmhaving tires rotated and getting it aligned. Didnt know the cost, due to 4wd, and whether places have any problems doing these cars.
Unread 09-02-2013, 07:16 AM   #6
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Unlifted they should n't have a problem, if they do they are not a good shop anyways
Try Firestone, lots of folks have good luck with them or do like I did, find a good Mom and Pop old school shop and make friends with them. They generally do the best job and will even do lifted ones as well since they're no difference
Unread 09-02-2013, 07:19 AM   #7
Steve40th

Thanks for the advice everyone
Unread 09-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #8
Steve40th

Had alignment done. Toe was .44 degrees toe in. Quite a bit. Now it is .09 in. These are totals. So it is at minimum spec for OEM, Which i prefer for less tire wear. Camber is -4 degrees.
Only issue was wheel locks. One was not coming off. So they couldnt rotate tires. I took it home and removed wheel lock. It was stripped. Wierd thing was it had antisiez. What nincompoop puts and liquid on a wheel stud!. Anyways, dodge is giving me a new set of wheel locks and will clean threads on stud as the front few look a little damaged. They said if it is too bad they will replace stud.
I dont have that thread cleaner size, and since it is under warranty...
Unread 09-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #9
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

You should have the alignment checked once a year,every 6 months is best.You'd be suprised how easy teh alignment can be thrown off,more so with IFS and your coils will sag which throws out the front end alignment.I have done many alignments on brand new vehicles,and I mean brand new as in the customer drove it from the dealership to my shop for the lifetime alignment package,and not one has ever been close to being in spec.Just pony over the $180 for the firestone lifetime alignment if there is one close,it's worth it in the long run and can use it as many times as you want on that vehicle.
Unread 09-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #10
Steve40th

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
You should have the alignment checked once a year,every 6 months is best.You'd be suprised how easy teh alignment can be thrown off,more so with IFS and your coils will sag which throws out the front end alignment.I have done many alignments on brand new vehicles,and I mean brand new as in the customer drove it from the dealership to my shop for the lifetime alignment package,and not one has ever been close to being in spec.Just pony over the $180 for the firestone lifetime alignment if there is one close,it's worth it in the long run and can use it as many times as you want on that vehicle.
I will look at firestone. thanks
Unread 09-04-2013, 12:11 AM   #11
JoeyC99
2008 KK Liberty 

So I don't know very much about alignment in general. Every car I've had before my KK I would usually have it checked when I could feel it start to pull in one direction or another. With my KK I check periodically just driving straight in a parking lot and have never had any issue with it pulling either way so haven't thought much of it. It really drives very straight from the day I've bought it, but decided to have it checked the other day since I've had it almost a year now without having it checked. They said it had a tow in of .8 degrees. Now I don't really know how much of a tow in is a LOT, so decided to wait and find out whether or not this is something I should have done right away, or if .8 degrees is pretty minor and I won't have any issues with driving it as is. Any advice is helpful. (OP not trying to jack your thread, just don't like starting new threads if there's one on the subject already active lol).
Yakima Loadwarrior
JoeyC99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2013, 03:50 AM   #12
Steve40th

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyC99 View Post
So I don't know very much about alignment in general. Every car I've had before my KK I would usually have it checked when I could feel it start to pull in one direction or another. With my KK I check periodically just driving straight in a parking lot and have never had any issue with it pulling either way so haven't thought much of it. It really drives very straight from the day I've bought it, but decided to have it checked the other day since I've had it almost a year now without having it checked. They said it had a tow in of .8 degrees. Now I don't really know how much of a tow in is a LOT, so decided to wait and find out whether or not this is something I should have done right away, or if .8 degrees is pretty minor and I won't have any issues with driving it as is. Any advice is helpful. (OP not trying to jack your thread, just don't like starting new threads if there's one on the subject already active lol).
Well it is a lot of toe in. This will cause the tires to wear much faster. They should show the OEM alignment specs and you will see it is a lot.. Get it aligned.
Unread 09-04-2013, 05:04 AM   #13
JoeyC99
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Well it is a lot of toe in. This will cause the tires to wear much faster. They should show the OEM alignment specs and you will see it is a lot.. Get it aligned.
Awesome, glad I asked. Will get that done this week, thanks Steve.
Yakima Loadwarrior
JoeyC99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.