2012 Liberty...2 Odd Problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2012 Liberty...2 Odd Problems

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 11-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
KKJeepKK

2012 Liberty...2 Odd Problems

Hey all. I love my Jeep but just have 2 problems that are driving me crazy, hoping for some help. First, a vibration right around 50mph. If I punch the gas or hit the brakes it goes away. It only exists under slight acceleration and can be felt/heard within the cabin. Second, a rattling noise above the front passenger seat upon hitting bumps. It is not very loud but is noticeable. It seems like it is coming from the roof but it is so hard to tell. 2012 Jeep Liberty Limited with skyslider.

KKJeepKK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2013, 08:51 AM   #2
NXVash
2012 KK Liberty 

I also have the vibration on mine. Have been trying to figure out where it is coming from with no luck so far.
NXVash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #3
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

I really feel like most people mistake the torque converter lock for a vibration. It should be less of a "vibration" at 65 versus 50 if that's the case.
Rattle above the front passenger seat? The roof or just around the seat area?
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2013, 08:55 AM   #4
NXVash
2012 KK Liberty 

My "vibration" occurs from say 50-65 mph. I have never felt it on any other vehicle I have driven before, so its nice to know its nothing serious. Thanks for putting my mind at ease.
Unread 11-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #5
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

How many miles do you have on her?
Unread 11-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #6
Katmandu
2013 JK Wrangler 

My 12 Liberty w/8,000 miles on it had a very bad vibration from 65 MPH+. Quite severe between 70-75 MPH.

Turned out the front struts were shot!

Dealer replaced under Warranty.
Katmandu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2013, 07:59 AM   #7
NXVash
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid View Post
How many miles do you have on her?
Mine just rolled over 57k. Vibration goes away once I hit ~60mph
Unread 11-23-2013, 10:30 AM   #8
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXVash View Post
Mine just rolled over 57k. Vibration goes away once I hit ~60mph
I'm guessing it's just the torque converter you're feeling.
You're also due for the transmission fluid to be changed (by the dealer).
All other fluids should be changed by now, front diff, transfer case, and rear diff.
Except for the transmission fluid, these can be done by yourself all in less than a days work. Might feel a little better after getting this all done.
Unread 11-27-2013, 10:38 AM   #9
kxeddiexp

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKJeepKK View Post
Hey all. I love my Jeep but just have 2 problems that are driving me crazy, hoping for some help. First, a vibration right around 50mph. If I punch the gas or hit the brakes it goes away. It only exists under slight acceleration and can be felt/heard within the cabin. Second, a rattling noise above the front passenger seat upon hitting bumps. It is not very loud but is noticeable. It seems like it is coming from the roof but it is so hard to tell. 2012 Jeep Liberty Limited with skyslider.
I first posted this thread a while back. Lots of people have the same.problem. unfortunately. I just live with it now.
kxeddiexp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.