2012 KK Lemon? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2012 KK Lemon?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #76
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello

Make sure you all use your defroster to defrost your windows, that most important for visibility. What I am saying is that front window defroster uses the ac to help dry the air even if it is the middle of winter and if you have the heater cranked all of the way.

After mour my windows clear up in the morning I just set it to "fresh" and have air blowing theough my dash vents. Keep in mind too that certain Libs have an incabin filter behind the dash. It comes in 2 peices I usually change mind every 20-30K.

I think all in all the ac might reduce your mpg by 1 and at worst 2 mpg.
Do I really have to let my windshield defrost? I was looking forward to trying the Ace Ventura move and sticking my head out the D/S window. Ha ha ha ha!

Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 07:23 PM   #77
Cutelildevil666
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575

Do I really have to let my windshield defrost? I was looking forward to trying the Ace Ventura move and sticking my head out the D/S window. Ha ha ha ha!
You're only allowed to do that if you can replicate his parallel parking: LLLLIKE A GLOVE!
Unread 03-24-2013, 08:43 PM   #78
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutelildevil666

You're only allowed to do that if you can replicate his parallel parking: LLLLIKE A GLOVE!
You have never seen me during my EVOC training. ;-)
Unread 03-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #79
Cutelildevil666
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575

You have never seen me during my EVOC training. ;-)
True!
Unread 03-24-2013, 10:02 PM   #80
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575 View Post
Totally have done that in my old car before because the defrosters sucked so much. What a fun drive home that was!
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 10:17 PM   #81
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid

Totally have done that in my old car before because the defrosters sucked so much. What a fun drive home that was!
Especially when it's 30 degrees out. Lol
Unread 03-27-2013, 10:39 PM   #82
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Found this article on MSN - it may help a bit
By following these simple tips, you'll eke out a little extra mileage and experience a little less pain at the pump.

For every penny that gas prices go up, Americans spend $1.25 billion more per year at the pump. No one wants to waste that kind of money. So unless you're hauling the whole ball team, [1] IT'S TIME TO UNLOAD THE OLD SUBURBAN. And you, Honda Element fella, stop smirking: You're getting only 20 mpg — and driving something even less aerodynamic.

If you're driving something that gets reasonable fuel economy, drive it reasonably. When entering a highway, [2] ACCELERATE TO 60 MPH AT ABOUT DOUBLE YOUR CAR'S TOP 0-TO-60 TIME. As Popular Mechanics proved in a battery of tests, this puts the car in its more efficient top gear quicker than the smug hyper-miler crawling up to speed... in the left lane.

[3] COAST — IN GEAR. The same tests showed that rolling in neutral requires a trickle of gas to keep the engine running but in-gear coasting does not — and that if you anticipate traffic lights and [4] DON'T COME TO A COMPLETE STOP, you can boost mpg by as much as 50 percent.

A warm engine is more efficient, so string errands together by [5] DRIVING TO THE FARTHEST DESTINATION FIRST, which will get the block heated up, then work your way home.

When it's warm out, keep cool by opening the windows, enjoying the breeze, and [6] TURNING OFF THE GAS-DRAINING A/C. At highway speeds, however, our tests showed windows-down driving creates drag. So at 60 mph or faster, roll up the windows and [7] PUT ON THE A/C.

Notice to hoarders: You don't need to lug around a case of oil, a bag of sand, or that box of antique tools you got at the garage sale, right? So [8] EMPTY THE TRUNK — less weight, better mileage. Pickup drivers, [9] REMOVE THE 300-POUND TOOLBOX FROM THE BED and, while you're at it, [10] CLOSE THE TAILGATE to create a drag-reducing air bubble. MythBusters increased the overall range of a full tank by 30 miles using this technique; the show also proved that [11] A RIGHT-TURN ONLY ROUTE increases fuel economy by 3 percent, because idling (at stoplights, for instance) wastes fuel. For that same reason, [12] AVOID TRAFFIC PINCH POINTS. Driving at speed is more fuel efficient than creeping along in low gear. And if you're not regularly carrying a bike or a kayak on that roof rack, reduce drag by [13] SLIDING OFF THE CROSSBARS or at least [14] SLIDING THE CROSSBARS ALL THE WAY BACK (making a single wing).

At the pump [15] AVOID GAS RATED E15; the "E" is for ethanol, which has about 30 percent less energy than gasoline and kills mpg. (Ethanol-free gas is rare today; you'll probably have to settle for E10.) While at the filling station, [16] INFLATE YOUR TIRES PROPERLY and check them for uneven wear, which works against you. Stickier, wider performance tires also increase road friction and sap mileage. So [17] STEER CLEAR OF TIRES MEANT FOR RACE CARS, and [18] SWITCH TO ECO-FOCUSED TIRES, which reduce rolling resistance. Also, [19] GET A TUNEUP; a smooth-running engine is more efficient.

Finally, don't overlook the obvious: Nothing saves gas like not driving at all. [20] RIDE YOUR BICYCLE to fetch that quart of milk, especially if the store is just a mile or so away.

Lets see:
I got about 40-50lbs of junk in the trunk, not including my roof rack - about another 50
I leave the engine idling when gassing up or stopping for coffee
In Jersey or NY you have to"floor it" coming out of the on ramp or you'll die
Everyone in Jersey and NY likes to do brakes after every 100ft of driving
My tires are Good Year SRA's and they aren't eco-rated, and I think to some degree not road rated either lol
Overall mpg this month 16.21
Unread 03-29-2013, 09:16 PM   #83
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

just drove to Pennsylvania with a family of 4, all their luggage. Cross bars in tact, sat in an hour of traffic to go about 5 miles on the major degan to get from Triiboro Bridge to George Washington. Filled up this morning, 16.7mpg. uggggh.
Unread 03-30-2013, 05:39 AM   #84
mtbiker
2011 KK Liberty 

We just drove from York PA to OC MD, but we took our '11 Jetta. Almost 300mi to a half tank of gas so far. I'd be well into the second tank for the Liberty & looking @ a third and more than likely a fourth once I got home, to get me thru the week. I like my Liberty, but gas economy blows. I keep hoping that the "summer" blend of fuel will improve things along w/ the warmer weather!
mtbiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.