2012 KK Lemon? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2012 KK Lemon?

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!

Unread 03-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #31
bigjeep39
2004 WJ 

Yea the liberty is nice! It's fancy for an Suv I just think we got a crappy one. Would LOVE a 4 door wrangler though. Oh well.

Unread 03-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #32
Cutelildevil666
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeep39 View Post
Yea the liberty is nice! It's fancy for an Suv I just think we got a crappy one. Would LOVE a 4 door wrangler though. Oh well.
It sucks you've had this much trouble with it. Hopefully it will get fixed, if the dealership takes you seriously, and you won't have to deal with the BS anymore! Your dealership isn't Casa, is it?
Unread 03-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #33
bigjeep39
2004 WJ 

It is casa! Why? Hmm

They put us in a rental car Bc they called back saying they couldn't fix the electrical problem, well they put us in a liberty and guess what : It does NOT have the issues ours has that they claim all liberty's have. Hmmmm
Unread 03-27-2012, 07:32 PM   #34
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

I have a feeling you're gonna end up driving a little farther to the next Jeep dealership...
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 07:37 PM   #35
Cutelildevil666
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeep39 View Post
It is casa! Why? Hmm

They put us in a rental car Bc they called back saying they couldn't fix the electrical problem, well they put us in a liberty and guess what : It does NOT have the issues ours has that they claim all liberty's have. Hmmmm
I'm in Farmington, my hubby bought his JK in Albuquerque at Mark's Casa and the sale went great, but after that, they weren't very helpful. He got sold a maintenance plan that isn't really honored at our Farmington dealership, but he's stuck w/it because Mark's Casa would never return his calls about it. I bought from Morehart Murphy in Durango LOL and they've been great. You could take yours to Larry H Miller, right?
Unread 03-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #36
bigjeep39
2004 WJ 

Funny you say that. We do have one other dealership.. It's MUCH farther away. But yes we will be traveling to that one. The service guy is a complete jerk too. Absolute DOOSH bag
Unread 03-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #37
JeepCares

Statements from dealers like well, what do you expect from a Wrangler and all Libertys have those issues drive me nuts.

Sometimes vehicles do have all the same characteristics - noises, etc. It's sure harder to explain when you come up with one that doesn't.
JeepCares is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2012, 09:14 PM   #38
Nafpu
2012 KK Liberty 

2012 KK, no wind noise that all KKs have for me... I guess they forgot that specific noisemaker on mine? I have plenty of other noises to keep me busy though. As far as MPGs, yes, they really do improve as your mileage increases. I'm at about 2100, and it seems to be steadily creeping upwards with every tank. I can't wait until the summer gas gets here!
Nafpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2012, 05:31 AM   #39
Irishgrrrl78
2012 KK Liberty 

Well, my 2012 is completely silent! Maybe I need to have the dealer look at it for me . . . evidently, it's supposed to be making noises! LOL!
Unread 03-31-2012, 08:21 PM   #40
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

If you think that you have a lemon, you don't need the dealer to do anything for you other than make, or attempt to make the repairs. There are lawers who will take it over for you and file a complaint with the attorney general of your state. I you are having problems with the dealership, let Chrysler know about it. They take that stuff very seriously and will investigate the issue. I personally did the lemon law thing for a leak and had pretty good results but that's all I can say about it. I did keep the jeep. Don't expect to see much over 16mpg. I'm not sure why these things get such poor mileage, it may be that they're underpowered.
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Ted15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 12:24 AM   #41
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Underpowered, not geared enough, overweight and no diesel, perhaps a mast and sail would help lol.

And as far as aerodynamics lol we all know the deal here. However, lets look into a possible future a bit, if the new grand cherokees looks like a cheap Mercedes, you can count on the new Liberties will probably look like Fiats.

If anything, I prefer the 11' and early GC and current Liberty body style much much more. If there was something that Jeep should of taken from Daimler to use in their upcoming vehicles, scrap the body styles, and take the darn Diesels lol.
Unread 04-01-2012, 02:09 AM   #42
bigjeep39
2004 WJ 

Oh ya. This has been a nightmare. Dealership is so stressful. Service department doesn't return phone calls etc. We found greasy palm and hand prints all over the inside of the windshield. The upholstery by the a pillar was all greased up, the moulding was not pressed back into place and they returned the car to us with chipped pieces of moulding as well all interior stuff so I have to look at while driving.

SOOOOOOO FUGGIN PISSED ... 1 whole week in and out of that dealership and we still aren't happy!!!!!
Unread 04-01-2012, 02:54 AM   #43
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

First off I give you props for taking that truck back. I would have looked at the guy and said you guys clean this and do it right or else I'm not taking this vehicle back.(Then again I can be an A-hole.)

Second... I have a feeling your dealer just blows and this is leading to a lousy Jeep experience...

And third, I think if the 3.7 had a bit more power mileage would be better too. As of now it almost struggles. Don't get me wrong, it's torquey, but that only goes so far. If it had the 3.6 Pentastar I would bet the truck would get much better mileage.
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #44
bigjeep39
2004 WJ 

Shows how much I must be a schmuck. Unfortunately I wasn't able to be there when the wife picked up the jeep. I was talking to the staff via phone.

I'm pretty sure everyone there despises us. That's too bad too
Unread 03-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #45
DimmuJeeper
2012 KK Liberty 

Same here...

Just traded the "tank" '06 Commander Limited with the Hemi for a 2012 Jet Limited. I have not got over 15.7 mpg and I'm driving like the old folks on Sunday. I don't expect 25 mpg but I'd do a cartwheel for 19-20. 98% of my driving in on the freeway too. Only got 600 miles on it so far. Hope I didn't make a bad decision....???
DimmuJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.