2012 KK Lemon? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2012 KK Lemon?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSpiderwebshade @ JeepHut.com

Unread 03-19-2012, 07:43 AM   #16
GoodPrepper

I have 26,000 miles on my 2010 and just averaged 22.4 mpg on a 250 mile road trip this weekend.

GoodPrepper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2012, 08:38 AM   #17
Jeepin11
2011 KK Liberty 

I have a 2011 with 15k. I started out with about 15.5 combined. I am now getting about that city and about 21 highway. I keep it right a out 71 or so. Hard to tell because I have larger than OE tires and my Speedo is off a bit. But I have shaved off over an eighth of a tank on my 150 mile back home trips since last summer.
Unread 03-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #18
articbutcher
2012 KK Liberty 

my 2012 is averaging around 16.5 so far with about 1100 miles on it. I also just dropped a KN filter in it, so any gains will be appreciated!!!
Unread 03-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #19
bagwell
2011 KK Liberty 

I managed 18.57mpg in mostly city driving in my 11 with 22K miles...the key is not racing up to red lights and to try to get to up to 40mph so the rpm's drop as it goes into 4th gear.
bagwell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2012, 03:45 AM   #20
Irishgrrrl78
2012 KK Liberty 

I'm on my third tank, and I've been resetting my average at every fill-up. My average has been steadily improving with each tank. The first tank was about 15.5 and I'm at 17.7 on this tank so far. So it looks like it does get better as the engine breaks in. Also, I always try to keep my RPMs in the green zone on the tach (so no more than about 2,000 or so).
Unread 03-21-2012, 12:06 AM   #21
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

In "Jersey" if I kept the rpms at about 2 grand when accelerating the buses would be able to cut in front of me, let alone the other morons on the road. LOL!
Poncherello is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2012, 12:45 AM   #22
MoparMan1990
2000 WJ 

I've a dodge nitro 3.7 same thing different name lol and I get19.5 and I drive like an ahole
MoparMan1990 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #23
bigjeep39
2004 WJ 

Took the jeep in. They fixed the electrical problem, took them 8 hours. (keep in mind jeep has less than 700 miles) as far as some other issues they just claimed it didn't repeat the issue therefore it doesn't exist. They claim all liberty's make a loud wind noise from the drivers side and it's potentially the side view mirrors or windshield wipers cutting through the wind. Hmmm not very happy
Unread 03-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #24
Cutelildevil666
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeep39 View Post
Took the jeep in. They fixed the electrical problem, took them 8 hours. (keep in mind jeep has less than 700 miles) as far as some other issues they just claimed it didn't repeat the issue therefore it doesn't exist. They claim all liberty's make a loud wind noise from the drivers side and it's potentially the side view mirrors or windshield wipers cutting through the wind. Hmmm not very happy
I have a 2012 Jeep Liberty and haven't noticed the noise you're talking about. I did have to take it in for a check engine light, they ordered a part and I'll need to leave it there for the day to fix it (once the part comes in.) I am not real worried about it - they'll fix it for free. It is inconvenient but it's under warranty. Gas mileage isn't good but it is nowhere near broken in yet and I didn't buy it expecting good gas mileage.
Unread 03-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #25
bigjeep39
2004 WJ 

Yea, it's just frustrating. I figured nobody else would have the noise, lazy dealerships. They had the nerve to tell me (when i called in to set up an appointment) "well what do you expect from a wrangler" dicks. Oh well.

We shall see how this fix goes.
Unread 03-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #26
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Did you tell them that it would be fine if it was a Wrangler? Maybe they should exchange the KK for a 4 door JK, I'll give you mine and take the trade, but it better be Sahara or higher lol. Oh and a stick!
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #27
bigjeep39
2004 WJ 

Lol, that's funny! We were both talking about that. Maybe we can get a 4 door wrangler instead. But I think we don't fall under the lemon law specs
Unread 03-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #28
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

I actually really wanted 1. I ended up settling for the KK. I'm only 18, so my parents are paying off the KK. They said they weren't paying more then what we already are, but if I had a job I could make up the difference....well sadly I didn't have a job and got 1 about 3 months later lol.

Damn dealer wouldn't budge on the Wrangler. I wanted a stick, and preferred power locks and windows. How many people order sticks now days anyway? lol
Unread 03-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #29
Cutelildevil666
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer524 View Post
I actually really wanted 1. I ended up settling for the KK. I'm only 18, so my parents are paying off the KK. They said they weren't paying more then what we already are, but if I had a job I could make up the difference....well sadly I didn't have a job and got 1 about 3 months later lol.

Damn dealer wouldn't budge on the Wrangler. I wanted a stick, and preferred power locks and windows. How many people order sticks now days anyway? lol
I originally wanted a wrangler too but the KK won me over, especially since my husband has a 2010 4 door JK. I traded my 2011 MINI Countryman S for the Jeep - the Countryman was a stick-shift. Loved that about it! The low ride and crappy financing turned me off about the CMs.
Unread 03-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #30
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

I think it's sad that I never drove a stick before. I know the fundamentals, but never did it so I don't have the feel. No one I know owns one and would let me learn lol. My parents said I was dumb for wanting one though with all the traffic New York has.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.