2012 Jeep Liberty issues - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2012 Jeep Liberty issues

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 10-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #31
Jeepers20
2012 KK Liberty 

Did you only have the Hesitation at the speeds listed on the TSB between 38-45 MPH? Mine does it at all speeds?

Jeepers20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #32
Jeepers20
2012 KK Liberty 

So they have told me that they can not do the TSB because it is all VIN based if your VIN doesn't pull a TSB they can not perform the TSB. Dealership has told me that Chrysler has told them to not put anymore parts in the Jeep until there is a check engine light on that can tell them what it is. Now have 3 messages into Jeep @ Detroit regarding my open claim with no response to any messages left over the past week and a half.. I guess the best warranty in the world isn't worth a thing when a company can't fix their own vehicles.
Unread 10-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #33
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepers20 View Post
So they have told me that they can not do the TSB because it is all VIN based if your VIN doesn't pull a TSB they can not perform the TSB. Dealership has told me that Chrysler has told them to not put anymore parts in the Jeep until there is a check engine light on that can tell them what it is. Now have 3 messages into Jeep @ Detroit regarding my open claim with no response to any messages left over the past week and a half.. I guess the best warranty in the world isn't worth a thing when a company can't fix their own vehicles.
Hmmm IF the dealership is right, the computer really must be a bit different for the 2012 compared to the older models. Bummer. I really hope you get this sorted out. It's a great vehicle, but this isn't adding to it.
What's your next move?
Gageraid is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #34
Jeepers20
2012 KK Liberty 

Im not sure on my next move, any suggestions?....both Dealerships have stated they cant do anything more as there is no check engine lights on and I have now 5 messages over the last 2 weeks into Jeep customer care regarding my open claim and have had no calls back at all...This is ridiculous. Would love to trade it in, however we all know the deal on a brand new vehicle that Ive only paid on for a year, I owe more than they would give me for it...
Unread 10-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #35
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Would the dealership be willing to replace the torque converter under warranty?
It really sounds like you just need the TSB though.
Has one here ever gotten this TSB for a 2012?
Not sure if it's been suggested yet, but reset the ECU. MAYBE that'll change something.
Unread 10-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #36
Jeepers20
2012 KK Liberty 

Torque converter has been replaced and they have reset back to factory settings.
Unread 10-22-2013, 01:06 PM   #37
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepers20 View Post
Torque converter has been replaced and they have reset back to factory settings.
Tell 'em give you a Jeep that doesn't have this problem.
Unread 11-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #38
Jeepers20
2012 KK Liberty 

I tried that, they have told me to contact Chrysler for Lemon Law Arbitration, I mailed the card in the Lemon Law pamphlet, waiting to see where this gets me.
Unread 01-10-2014, 02:17 PM   #39
Jeepers20
2012 KK Liberty 

So after all this all these months, my check engine light comes on. I brought it to Autozone quick to check it before it went off thinking maybe it could finally tell me what the issue is and it says C02 Sensor. Light went back off and now has come back on so its going back to the dealership on Monday. I read some info on the symptoms of a bad 02 sensor, its hard to believe that after all of this it could be the problem.
Unread 11-18-2014, 07:26 PM   #40
Spears

Shudder when it gets around 65 mph

YES, I have the same problem. After I'd signed on the dotted line I got on the interstate & felt it when I was between 65-70 mph. I took it back to the dealer & was assured it was the ECO system. I thought I could stand it because it would be getting better gas mileage than my '04, but when you're driving 8 hrs. on the interstate it makes you just sick. I would've never bought it if I'd had any idea. And it makes me sooo sad because I LOVED my '04 Liberty; never had a problem.
Spears is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.