2012 Jeep Liberty issues - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2012 Jeep Liberty issues

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 09-30-2013, 08:10 AM   #16
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepers20 View Post
Recvd Liberty back from dealership, still having the same issue, taking it back to dealership but cant get it in until next week. To the others that said their Liberties do this, do you really have a chugging feeling anytime you try to travel at a constant speed? At this point I would really just love to trade it and be done with it however I bought it brand new a year ago so that's not going to work...very frustrated with this Jeep.
Yup, constant speed of I believe 34-39 mph or so. Mine was INSTANTLY FIXED when I did the TSB. I went there with the piece of paper in hand so they new what I was talking about.

They asked if I wanted them to take it for a test drive, or if I just wanted to have it done. Told them to just perform it and not worry about the test drive.

Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #17
Jeepers20
2012 KK Liberty 

Also another note, I know that I would feel a slight change when the Torque converter is going in or out of lockout, this jerking is not just a signle jerk or chug, it will constantly jerk/chug for as long as you keep the accelerator at the same point
Jeepers20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 12:21 PM   #18
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Also another note, I know that I would feel a slight change when the Torque converter is going in or out of lockout, this jerking is not just a signle jerk or chug, it will constantly jerk/chug for as long as you keep the accelerator at the same point
This is exactly the symptoms that are evident UNTIL you get the TSB done...
Unread 09-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #19
Jeepers20
2012 KK Liberty 

Ok, mine does it at many different speeds, 30-35, 55-60, 80....can you give me more info what is the TSB and you stated I went there with the piece of paper in hand so they new what I was talking about, where did you get the piece of paper you brought there? Thank you so much for any info!
Unread 10-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #20
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Ok, mine does it at many different speeds, 30-35, 55-60, 80....can you give me more info what is the TSB and you stated I went there with the piece of paper in hand so they new what I was talking about, where did you get the piece of paper you brought there? Thank you so much for any info!
Go to the "KK Forum" on this website, the third "sticky" is labeled Liberty KK TSB List. The third one listed is the TSB I had done.
Unread 10-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #21
Jeepers20
2012 KK Liberty 

Ok I got it, Thanks will bring it to Dealership with me, however it does state for 08 Models, mine is a 2012..At this point Ill try anything I can give them
Unread 10-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #22
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Ok I got it, Thanks will bring it to Dealership with me, however it does state for 08 Models, mine is a 2012..At this point Ill try anything I can give them
Pretty certain all KK's experience this for the most part. Make sure you read that TSB thoroughly so you understand it. Good luck.
Unread 10-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #23
drichard989
2008 KK Liberty 

Will a dealer fix a TSB if the vehicle is out of warranty?
drichard989 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #24
jeepster1947
2012 KK Liberty 

My kk is a 2012 Limited just turned 40k. Built May '12, one of the last ones thru the line. I have tried to duplicate this problem but its smooth as silk. At least you got Chrysler to verify you have a problem. They will find a solution. Hang in there.
jeepster1947 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #25
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drichard989 View Post
Will a dealer fix a TSB if the vehicle is out of warranty?
I believe so. I took mine in for a TSB at 43K miles with no issues. Paid 100 bucks or something close to that.
Unread 10-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #26
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster1947 View Post
My kk is a 2012 Limited just turned 40k. Built May '12, one of the last ones thru the line. I have tried to duplicate this problem but its smooth as silk. At least you got Chrysler to verify you have a problem. They will find a solution. Hang in there.
Be happy if you don't have this problem, or haven't noticed it yet.
Unread 10-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #27
Jeepers20
2012 KK Liberty 

Dealership stated the TSB was not for the 2012 and there are no TSB's for my vehicle therefore they are at a standstill waiting to hear from Chrysler, dealership acknowledged the issue is still there, but have nothing further they can do with it, what I wouldn't give to just trade this thing in, if you drive it down the thruway its horrible...UGh so disappointed in my first Chrysler product.
Unread 10-09-2013, 09:39 PM   #28
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Dealership stated the TSB was not for the 2012 and there are no TSB's for my vehicle therefore they are at a standstill waiting to hear from Chrysler, dealership acknowledged the issue is still there, but have nothing further they can do with it, what I wouldn't give to just trade this thing in, if you drive it down the thruway its horrible...UGh so disappointed in my first Chrysler product.
Well that sucks. I wonder if they actually can't perform the tsb on it because it's a 2012 or if they just don't "want" to.
Unread 10-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #29
Babaki
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid View Post
Well that sucks. I wonder if they actually can't perform the tsb on it because it's a 2012 or if they just don't "want" to.
considering the 2008-2012 is pretty much the same vehicle i dont see why they wouldnt just try it.
Babaki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #30
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaki View Post
considering the 2008-2012 is pretty much the same vehicle i dont see why they wouldnt just try it.
Pretty much the same is correct. Enough to make a difference. They did something to the ECU that is different for sure. I'd like to know the reason they won't perform the TSB.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.