2012 Jeep KK...Lemon? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2012 Jeep KK...Lemon?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
Jason0319

2012 Jeep KK...Lemon?

I'm very unfamiliar with the lemon laws and was wondering if I could claim the lemon law on my 2012 Jeep liberty bought in Ohio in July 2012.
Since i purchased it, it has been to the shop 7 times total for various issues:

2 times for an auto headlight sensor not working (once to diagnose, once to repair)

4 times total for a thumping noise felt/heard in passenger floorboard area between 35-50mph. This is a sporadic issue and only once could they reproduce the issue but still haven't figured out what is causing it. They have rotated the tires and changed the RF wheel hub but still having the same issue.

1 time for the notorious clock that doesn't keep time (i see there is now a TSB regarding this)

The auto headlight and clock are really not a big deal to me, but this thumping is driving me nuts and their response is always "it doesn't seem to be a safety issue". 3 dealerships have now tried to find the issue with no luck.

Would it be possible to claim this as a lemon or would if be easier to keep taking it to the dealership until they can find and correct the issue?

As information, the thumping comes on around 40mph usually and is under light acceleration. Shifting in neutral does not change the noise, the other day it was snowing and i engaged the 4wd which drastically reduced the thumping noise...interesting. Maybe you guys can diagnose the issue better than the dealer can.

Thanks for any help!!

Jason0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #2
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Start with your Service Manager and ask him to have a case opened looking into the matter by Chrysler/Jeep. There is a set procedure in looking at "Buy Back/Lemon Law" arbitration to follow.
Unread 03-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #3
Jason0319

I have already had a case opened by Jeep in regards to the noise issue, i will go back to them and see what the next step is...
Jason0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 09:15 AM   #4
JeepCares

For information on the "lemon law" in Ohio, you can go to the Ohio Attorney General website http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov and search for "lemon law."
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #5
KathyD
2012 KK Liberty 

I bought a 2012 Liberty Latitude that is making the exact same noise on the passenger side I was wondering if they found out what the problem was. Mine has 400 miles on and has been back to the dealership twice.
KathyD is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.