2011 liberty ? UNDER THE HOOD - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2011 liberty ? UNDER THE HOOD

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 08-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
lonewolf5347
2011 KK Liberty 

2011 liberty ? UNDER THE HOOD

I like to ask what happen to the transmission dip stick?
I pulled off the black twist off gap but to my surprise no measuring stick
so how do you guys check the fluid level on it?

lonewolf5347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Special Miller tool universal dipstick(about $65) and a high end scanner that will read the trans temp and compare the mm measurement on the universal dipstick(Miller special tool) and the trans temp on a graph in the FSM(Factory Service Manual).

Yep the best place to have this done in the dealership,and no you can not use a older dipstick/tube from a KJ as it will read wrong.They did away with the dipstick as to many poeple could not read and kept adding non-ATF+4 trans fluid in there Chrysler trans and blowing them apart.Thank stupid poeple for this one,just like ESP and TPMS.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.