2011 Liberty Jet Limited - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2011 Liberty Jet Limited

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-29-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
progressxxx
2011 KK Liberty 

2011 Liberty Jet Limited

Hi all.

Thinking to purchase 2011 Liberty Jet Limited and I have couple questions.
What is your average MPG?
also I'm not sure what options to choose:
Power Sunroof or Sky Slider?
I like Sky slider but I don't know how it will behave in a couple of years or months, if it can leak or broke somehow, so is there lots of trouble whit Sky Slider?

There is Exterior Appearance Group by Mopar - whats this?, how it loos like?

Thank you.

progressxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2011, 02:44 PM   #2
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

I only have 1,700 miles on my 2011. Best Hiway mpg 21, average city 15.5 pretty much as the window sticker claims.
I have the power sun roof. Didn't really want any sun roof or slider, but the Liberty I found had all the other options I wanted, the power sunroof was there on the KK so I kind of had to take it.
I have read post of owners complaining of leaks with the slider roofs.
I have yet to open the sun roof so far. Sun roofs and Texas sun are not a great combination in the summer.
Unread 07-29-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
progressxxx
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
I only have 1,700 miles on my 2011. Best Hiway mpg 21, average city 15.5 pretty much as the window sticker claims.
I have the power sun roof. Didn't really want any sun roof or slider, but the Liberty I found had all the other options I wanted, the power sunroof was there on the KK so I kind of had to take it.
I have read post of owners complaining of leaks with the slider roofs.
I have yet to open the sun roof so far. Sun roofs and Texas sun are not a great combination in the summer.
Thanks Jonrjen, I was hoping a little bit better mpg results
Probably I will take regular sun roof
Thanks
Unread 07-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #4
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Sorry to day the MPG just don't get much better with time. It has a lot to do with the old school 4 speed automatic transmission. Down side is the mpg suffers due to limited gearing selection, tends to make for a little more drive train noise. Up side is, not a lot of gear hunting by the transmission. When the 4-speed down shifts it is quick, firm and to the point acceleration.
As for the mpg, I'm please with it, my 2006 F-250 has a 6-speed manual transmission backing up to a V-10 engine. On a good day, with a tail wind, going down hill I may get 11 mpg. Average is closer to 9.25 mpg. Makes the Liberty look pretty good. Of course on the other hand, our motorhome makes the F-250 look good...
Unread 07-29-2011, 04:27 PM   #5
whiterabbitvr6
2011 KK Liberty 

i have just under 1k on my 2011 jet and we are avereging 19.6 mpg as of now. pretty respectable in my opinion for a 4spd tranny with a 6 cyl.
whiterabbitvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2011, 12:15 AM   #6
progressxxx
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterabbitvr6 View Post
i have just under 1k on my 2011 jet and we are avereging 19.6 mpg as of now. pretty respectable in my opinion for a 4spd tranny with a 6 cyl.
19.6 thats on a hwy or city? If city thats
Unread 07-30-2011, 12:23 AM   #7
progressxxx
2011 KK Liberty 

What's this Selec-Trac 2 Active full time 4WD system ?
What does it do in simple words, do i need this?
Unread 07-30-2011, 09:01 AM   #8
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by progressxxx View Post
What's this Selec-Trac 2 Active full time 4WD system ?
What does it do in simple words, do i need this?
Simple explaination would be, it is a four wheel drive system that transfers the proper power to the wheel that would provide the most traction in slippery conditions. It also allows you to drive in 4 wheel drive full time without causing the drive line to buck it self, even in dry hard surface driving conditions.

It is not something that could be added after the original purchase of a Jeep. At least for for any resonable amount of money.

Is your Liberty a 4x4 or 2 wheel drive?
Unread 07-30-2011, 09:02 AM   #9
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

I just filled the Liberty up this morning, 17.8 mpg combined driving, A/C blasting (average temp 102 degrees).
Unread 07-30-2011, 03:43 PM   #10
progressxxx
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
Is your Liberty a 4x4 or 2 Wheel drive?
4X4.

Quote:
I just filled the Liberty up this morning, 17.8 mpg combined driving, A/C blasting (average temp 102 degrees).
Sounds good!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.