2011 Liberty. Additions/warranty questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2011 Liberty. Additions/warranty questions

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 01-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #1
mazza
2011 KK Liberty 

2011 Liberty. Additions/warranty questions

First Jeep, first owned vehicle, first post. 2011 Jeep Liberty. Charcoal Black. Woot! Love the feel, love the sound system, love a vehicle with a CD player! Hah.

Lots of questions, though. I bought an extended warranty on the Liberty which covers just about everything, it seems. There's a power train warranty and factory warranty as well that are still good. As I view some of your ideas on here (and my own ideas), I want to add things on to the Jeep. I have skimmed many of your posts and wanted to know some information. I will continue searching older posts on the forum, too.

I'd love to add:
-fog lights (the ones near the headlights arent included on mine so either those or attached)
-tinted windows
-sunroof (have looked at a few threads on here)
-running boards (later?)
-remote start (have looked at a few threads on here)

Questions
-What is going to nullify the warranty? Doing any of this? Doing it aftermarket? Will having some shop tint the windows nullify the warranty on the windows (if they are covered?)
-I havent read the best about aftermarket sunroofs, but what about aftermarket for the rest of those? Of course if one can save money, I will try. Where have you gone/shopped for these options?

My Blazer had running boards and tinted (privacy) windows. Really enjoyed the look with both of those and would like to raise the Jeep the same way. Any input would be very helpful!

mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

You can add OEM fogs,they make kits that include everything needed and not really that pricey at all.They also make OEM remote starters.If both are added at the dealer then no issues with warranty,aftermarket stuff can and will void some parts of the warrenty dealing with electrical stuff.The sunroof could void some of the electrical portions if hooked into another system or if it leaks and causes issues from water damage.Tint or adding running boards will not void any warranty.
Unread 01-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #3
bagwell
2011 KK Liberty 

the foglights require replacing both headlights and the left control stalk....kits are close to $300.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fog-Light-Li...ht_2354wt_1033
bagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #4
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagwell View Post
the foglights require replacing both headlights and the left control stalk....kits are close to $300.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fog-Light-Li...ht_2354wt_1033
That link was more helpful to me than all the other research I did on those. I thought I was gonna have to hardwire the fogs in, but that confirmed that I could just get a stalk with auto and fogs and it will work, thank you.

Anyways, op, you can tint your windows(I had that done to mine less then 12 hours after picking the truck up), running boards shouldn't void the warranty(mopar does it so you can too), a remote start shouldn't, fogs shouldn't unless there was a problem in your electrical and they can prove the fogs caused them, but with oem fogs I can't see that being a problem. Hell, even aftermarket shouldn't. I just put a brush guard and KC lights on mine. I have yet to wire them, I'm still looking for a switch I like...as well as getting enough for future plans so I can put in the dead switches. Not sure about sunroofs though.

If I'm wrong anyone feel free to correct me.
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2012, 06:15 AM   #5
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

Looks easy enough to install.
Unread 01-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #6
mazza
2011 KK Liberty 

Appreciate the help so far!

Im shying away from the sunroofs for now. Going to have to ask a few more questions. Classic Soft Trim has a location here in Pittsburgh and they do sunroofs for dealerships all over the area. THey said the pop up would be around $800 and the interior would be $1200. I'm going to wait anyway.

I'm thinking these running boards: http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-11-JEEP-L...item20bdda3adf . Seem simple to install and I think that they will look good on the Charcoal color. I'd love to get the custom molded running boards but they are so beyond expensive.

As far as the head lights- would I have to replace the headlights and wiring to the fuse box? And then take it to the dealer? Or just take the part and all to the dealer and have them do it? Again, worried about voiding the warranty and cost.
Unread 01-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #7
Jeepin11
2011 KK Liberty 

Here is a partial shot of mine with the charcoal and black side steps. I have a better shot somewhere but can find it. It does look sweet.
forumrunner_20120104_112023.jpg  
Unread 01-04-2012, 09:43 AM   #8
mazza
2011 KK Liberty 

Yeah I definitely like that look on that color. I may purchase them today. Much cheaper than the custom molded. Thanks for the picture. Nice seeing them on a Lib similar to mine.

Now wondering if the 3" ones are too small.

Last edited by mazza; 01-04-2012 at 10:11 AM..
Unread 01-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #9
bagwell
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazza View Post
As far as the head lights- would I have to replace the headlights and wiring to the fuse box? And then take it to the dealer? Or just take the part and all to the dealer and have them do it? Again, worried about voiding the warranty and cost.
you can install everything yourself or let the dealer do it if you have the bucks....but the dealer will have to activate the fogs via their computer (forget what its called).
bagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #10
Jeepin11
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagwell

you can install everything yourself or let the dealer do it if you have the bucks....but the dealer will have to activate the fogs via their computer (forget what its called).
Starscan
Unread 01-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #11
mazza
2011 KK Liberty 

my best friend's friend said that he would do the whole remote start for $225 out the door and that it would not void the warranty. I was talking with a mechanic the other day about the "bypass" and how the safety feature in the chip in the key would have to be taken into consideration and that new keys would have to be made because the chip wouldnt allow the remote start to kick on and etc etc.

My friend's friend does this all the time, so I imagine that he would know the deal...?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.