2011 kk roof rack cross bar help ! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2011 kk roof rack cross bar help !

Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Zone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-15-2014, 03:52 PM   #1
chrisdipo

2011 kk roof rack cross bar help !

I want to install a roof rack on my jeep by my rails on the side aren't the raised ones that you just mount a rack too. They are those small ones that are kind of just rails build into the roof so i need the cross bars, can anyone recommend me or send me the link to cross bars that would fit on my 2011 kk?

chrisdipo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2014, 04:14 PM   #2
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Those aren't side rails they are hollow plastic. You're not going to be able to mount anything to it. Sorry

You can go my route and peel off them and either buy new rails from Atthehelm or RRO. Cheaper to go with Atthehelm and you're supporting a fellow member.

Here's my bars I got before I knew Atthehelm had bars for sale.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
1394921677306.jpg  
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2014, 08:47 PM   #3
chrisdipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKWJEEPER
Those aren't side rails they are hollow plastic. You're not going to be able to mount anything to it. Sorry You can go my route and peel off them and either buy new rails from Atthehelm or RRO. Cheaper to go with Atthehelm and you're supporting a fellow member. Here's my bars I got before I knew Atthehelm had bars for sale. Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Is there a technique to take them off? Or you just pull them off ?
Unread 03-15-2014, 09:26 PM   #4
AtTheHelm

Just pull..
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2014, 09:29 PM   #5
chrisdipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheHelm
Just pull..

I heard you sell the raised bars how much do you charge for them ?
Unread 03-15-2014, 11:05 PM   #6
ArcticWC
2012 KK Liberty 

aren't they on with heavy duty double sided tape? maybe if you used a hair dryer or heat gun, you might have an easier time.
ArcticWC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2014, 06:43 AM   #7
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

No just pull. It will expose 4 bolts two up front and two behind. It will leave a mess of glue behind. I just left it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.