2011 jeep liberty trail package? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2011 jeep liberty trail package?

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 07-31-2011, 12:40 PM   #1
lonewolf5347
2011 KK Liberty 

2011 jeep liberty trail package?

I like to ask what is the trail package Liberty Model have as far as transfer case
I read the new system there are 2 types of off road 4x4 shift set-up the
Selec-Trac® II 4WD
Command-Trac®II 4WD
I have the 2000 Cherokee but it has the older type shift handle for going into 4x4 high or low.
The dealer has a outrages end of year sale on the liberty here 7,500 off sticker price
I think the model I was looking at did state TRAIL PACKAGE sticker was 25,690
I also read gas mileage has a mix review so on the above 4 wheel drive set up which will be the best option to look for as far as off road and getting better gas mileage ???

lonewolf5347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2011, 12:59 PM   #2
Lehman26
2012 MK Compass 

I have a 2011 Renegade. It has the SELECT-TRAC II which is the better of the two for offroading. Not sure if gas mileage would be much different between the two or not. I am averaging about 16.5-17 city and 20-21 highway.
7,500 off is a amazing deal, i only got the factory rebates on my renegade which was 3,500...dealer would of gave me more off for a sport or limited but wouldnt budge much on the renegade.
Lehman26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

If you can get $7500 off of a legitimate sticker price I would jump all over it....period...end of report.
Now if it is packed with dealer adds and a bunch of crap....that is an all nother story.
Buy Smart.
Heck fire...$7500 off of a true real legitmate MSRP sticker and I'll fly up to NY and buy another Liberty as a toy.
Unread 07-31-2011, 02:58 PM   #4
lonewolf5347
2011 KK Liberty 

yep : sale ends Monday
What the difference between the two
Selec-Trac® II 4WD
Command-Trac®II 4WD
I think the one I look at was the sport version I don't think it came with skid plates but I am sure there are aftermarket ones out there if I wanted to add on at a later time
Unread 07-31-2011, 03:48 PM   #5
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Command Trac is a part time 4x4 configuration, where the Select trac II is a full time capable transmission. You can run the STII in 2 WD or 4x4 full time should you wish to do so with worry of the drive line wanting to load up due to changes in traction. The Select Trac II will transfer the proper power to each wheel in direct relationship to the traction the wheels are able to provide. I can if needed also transfer up to 100% of the power to a single wheel if that is the only wheel that can provide traction.
If you to the Jeep website they have a pretty good mechanical video the shows and displays the difference.
The Select Trac is the more advanced and benifical of the two, but if the price is right, I wouldn't let it be a deal breaker.
Havent' heard of an aftermarket skids for the KK, but they can be ordered from your local Jeep parts counter.
Good Luck, let us know what you do.
To be up front about it all, if you manage to buy a new Liberty for $7,500 off true sticker price....I will hate you!!
No not really, but I will be very envious of your deal
Unread 07-31-2011, 04:14 PM   #6
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Here is a link to the Jeep site showing the Selec Trac II information:
http://www.jeep.com/en/4x4/how_syste.../selec_trac_2/
Unread 07-31-2011, 04:30 PM   #7
lonewolf5347
2011 KK Liberty 

Got it
Unread 07-31-2011, 04:38 PM   #8
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf5347 View Post
Got it
Got What, the link or the Liberty?
Unread 07-31-2011, 05:52 PM   #9
Orion6
2011 MK Patriot 

$7500 off is insane. We got factory rebates and maybe another thousand when all was said and done on our Sport.

If that's legit and it has skidplates, etc, you'd better grab it.

2011 Liberty Sport Command Trac II 4WD
Orion6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2011, 07:58 PM   #10
lonewolf5347
2011 KK Liberty 

Link:
Unread 08-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #11
lonewolf5347
2011 KK Liberty 

WOW: DONE DEAL $18,600 before tax jeep liberty Sport 4x4
I just got in after spending 4 hours at the dealer purchased the blackberry pearl with pebble beige interior
I was think on the dark charcoal but I have had a lot of greys over the years.I did test drive it for about 20 Mi: I was very pleased with it took it on the high way at 70 man thing wanted to fly.
I did trade my 2000 cherokee in and got 3,750 for it with 94,000 Mi on it I was the original owner and always took care of it ,I hated to part with it but the milage was getting up there.
Unread 08-01-2011, 01:45 PM   #12
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Congratulations!!!
What equipment do you have on it?
And of course as they say...Pictures or it didn't happen!!! Time to show it off.
Unread 08-01-2011, 01:56 PM   #13
lonewolf5347
2011 KK Liberty 

well as far as I can see 4x4 air condition :cruise:CD system:tilt wheel: windows (not tinted)
power windows: P door locks : Good year Off road all terrain tires : stock wheels 16"
I would say the basic unit.Sticker on window stated 25,880.00
I tried the 4x4 works great I think it is select track II
I will have to install a class 3 hitch and the wire harness for the trailer :Jeep wanted 550.00 for that No Way
I seen the hitch for $132.00 and the harness for 45.00
well will pick up at high noon on Tuesday now I have to clean out the cherokee Man 12 years I had this baby going to miss her.
Unread 08-01-2011, 02:39 PM   #14
lonewolf5347
2011 KK Liberty 

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/ctd/2480235354.html
here the same truck
Unread 08-01-2011, 03:06 PM   #15
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

I think you will really enjoy your choice....again congratulations!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.