JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   KK Liberty Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/)
-   -   2011 jeep liberty KK lift (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/2011-jeep-liberty-kk-lift-1759090/)

chrisdipo 11-04-2013 10:13 PM

2011 jeep liberty KK lift

whats a good lift kit for a 2011 jeep liberty? my budget for the kit is about 400.00 dollars?

AtTheHelm 11-04-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisdipo
whats a good lift kit for a 2011 jeep liberty? my budget for the kit is about 400.00 dollars?

Old man emu is about the least expensive good quality kit you can get. Ain't gonna happen on $400 though.
There is someone selling their used ome/bilstein kit on Lostjeeps right now fiy.

tommudd 11-05-2013 12:18 AM

Put the 400 in a cookie jar and add to it weekly until you save up at least 750-800

chrisdipo 11-05-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommudd
Put the 400 in a cookie jar and add to it weekly until you save up at least 750-800

But that means i have to go buy a cookie jar

tommudd 11-05-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisdipo (Post 17452058)
But that means i have to go buy a cookie jar

:rofl::laugh:
Ok ok then an old sock maybe ?? ( with out holes in the toes preferably) ;)

JeepN4KC 11-05-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommudd (Post 17445905)

this.......and prepare yourself for the inevitable spending of the loot then the need to do it over again..............and again.......and..........

:teehee:

Bmxer524 11-05-2013 09:28 PM

Honestly, AtTheHelm and Tommudd are right about saving. Check out jeepinbyal.com for some lifts. Most cost effective, I believe, is the OME/Bilstein(seems to be the most common) combo. You can get that for around $700ish new. You can opt for all OME(highly recommended by people) for slightly more than having Bilstein shocks. The is the option of Ironman, which I can't personally comment on, but has been tested by Tommudd and ran by several others as a good lift. I believe that's about $700 as well. These 3 lifts will get about 2-2.5" or so of lift depending on the spring choices you make. (Do some reading on this and a few other Liberty sites if you wanna make sure. Tom has been over this many different times on virtually every Liberty forum.) If you want more lift (3-3.5") you can get that by starting with the other 3 lifts, then adding a top plate and clevis lift, but at that point it is HIGHLY recommended that you get jeepin by al's a-arms to help with spring contact and alignment.

Now if you really want top of the line, and have the money for it Jeepin by al has a 2.5" and 4"(largest lift for the KK) coilover lift. But that's also $2500-4000+, so that's way out of your budget but just naming options.

Now after all that is said, one of the members here(and also on LOST) is selling his OME/Bilstein lift. I believe he doesn't have that many miles on it. You can try messaging him for some pics of it and details for it. I think he had the same lift as me with 927 front springs and set it up for about 3.5" of lift. If it interests you, you can always make him an offer, if not well that's your choice.

Gageraid 11-06-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmxer524 (Post 17471873)
Honestly, AtTheHelm and Tommudd are right about saving. Check out jeepinbyal.com for some lifts. Most cost effective, I believe, is the OME/Bilstein(seems to be the most common) combo. You can get that for around $700ish new. You can opt for all OME(highly recommended by people) for slightly more than having Bilstein shocks. The is the option of Ironman, which I can't personally comment on, but has been tested by Tommudd and ran by several others as a good lift. I believe that's about $700 as well. These 3 lifts will get about 2-2.5" or so of lift depending on the spring choices you make. (Do some reading on this and a few other Liberty sites if you wanna make sure. Tom has been over this many different times on virtually every Liberty forum.) If you want more lift (3-3.5") you can get that by starting with the other 3 lifts, then adding a top plate and clevis lift, but at that point it is HIGHLY recommended that you get jeepin by al's a-arms to help with spring contact and alignment.

Now if you really want top of the line, and have the money for it Jeepin by al has a 2.5" and 4"(largest lift for the KK) coilover lift. But that's also $2500-4000+, so that's way out of your budget but just naming options.

Now after all that is said, one of the members here(and also on LOST) is selling his OME/Bilstein lift. I believe he doesn't have that many miles on it. You can try messaging him for some pics of it and details for it. I think he had the same lift as me with 927 front springs and set it up for about 3.5" of lift. If it interests you, you can always make him an offer, if not well that's your choice.

I would definitely recommend taking the lift from the member selling it here. His username is MusclezMarinara. Good guy who I've bought parts from. He really took care of his Jeep and there are barely any miles on his lift.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/...t-out-1707090/

Stang977 11-06-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

I would definitely recommend taking the lift from the member selling it here.
Quote:

Good guy who I've bought parts from.
Ditto

shawnicles 11-06-2013 01:29 PM

yeah I was going to say the same thing. Sounds like a perfect connection to me.

The time now is 10:59 PM.