2011 ECU reprogram - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2011 ECU reprogram

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieCustom Axle Work at CCORJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 11-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #1
Havoc3D
2011 KK Liberty 

2011 ECU reprogram

Does anyone know what the story is with no one seeming to have an ECU reprogram available for the 2011+? I see them for the 08-10, but as soon as you tell the hypertech website you have a 2011, suddenly no more Max Energy for you.

Did they do something terribly different in the 2011+ that makes the 08-10 program not work? Anyone tried the 08-10 approved one on anything else?

Havoc3D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

This has been answered so many times recently.
The programming is slightly different is all I can tell you.
Doesn't really seem that Hypertech will ever do anything about the "newer" model years, but I hope they will eventually.
It won't work if you try it on a '11 or '12.
Maybe one day another company will try to help you guys out.
Glad I have an '08 for this reason.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2013, 09:41 PM   #3
Havoc3D
2011 KK Liberty 

Odd, I have been googling for days on it, and I have tried some forum searches and I just keep coming up with the same few posts about how great it was on someone's 08-10.

Thanks for letting me know that it won't work at least. That really sucks. Makes me wish I would have bought a year older.
Unread 11-24-2013, 10:32 PM   #4
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

No problem. Usually when googling, I make sure to include "lostjeeps" or "jeepforum".
Even though I love my Hypertech, I wish other could enjoy it as well.
At least with a 2011 you have a nicer interior than I do.
Unread 11-25-2013, 07:20 AM   #5
Havoc3D
2011 KK Liberty 

I think I might have found a Jet V-Force that will work with it. Pending confirmation from Jet. Don't know if it's going to get the +24hp/tq of the Hypertech, but hopefully it's good for something. All the negative I heard about their plug and play module makes me question all of their products, but if it's all I can get then I guess I'll probably try it.
Unread 11-25-2013, 07:22 AM   #6
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

You don't get 24 more from anyone of them anyways so who cares
Unread 11-25-2013, 07:26 AM   #7
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc3D View Post
I think I might have found a Jet V-Force that will work with it. Pending confirmation from Jet. Don't know if it's going to get the +24hp/tq of the Hypertech, but hopefully it's good for something. All the negative I heard about their plug and play module makes me question all of their products, but if it's all I can get then I guess I'll probably try it.
Some members have tried the Jet chip. The problem with the Jet chip is that eventually, in a rather short amount of time, the ecu relearns the stock programming. The Hypertech is the only thing out right now for the 2008-2010 that won't relearn the stock programming unless your force it to by selecting stock mode.
Unread 11-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #8
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_JEKhwmDaM
Unread 11-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #9
Havoc3D
2011 KK Liberty 

That's the hypertech that apparently doesn't work with the 2011. It's what I'd really LIKE to go with, but hypertech apparently doesn't want my money.

With Jet, there is the Chip, that just plugs in, and the V-Force that actually looks to reprogram the ECU.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.