2010 Renegade questions? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2010 Renegade questions?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
tqmonster

2010 Renegade questions?

I'm looking at buying a 2010 Renegade in Red that's got a little bit of miles on it, 44K and wanted to know, what to look for exactly on this truck? What are the weaknesses of this truck, and what should I pay for it? It has a clean carfax, and a few minor dings on the hood. Other than that, the truck looks really good! Thanks guys and gals

Last edited by tqmonster; 03-22-2013 at 07:56 PM..
tqmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #2
Skipper6413
2011 KK Liberty 

Not sure about 10 Renegade specifically, but there's a great app called "mobile car check" with checklists for buying a used car. Android phones.
Skipper6413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #3
tqmonster

Thanks, I know the usual things to check on cars but was wondering if there was any particular item I need to check on the Renegade? I figured someone here would know since this is a jeep forum
Unread 03-20-2013, 10:14 PM   #4
kensil
2012 WK 

We did a lot of research on KK's to replace a KJ (wife's all-time-favorite). Our findings based on input from a trusted Jeep service manager and other sources indicated no inherent problems with the KK generation. Quote: "We don't see many problems with the Liberties." We ended up buying a 2012 Limited with Command Trac and have been very satisfied.
kensil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 07:31 AM   #5
tqmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensil View Post
We did a lot of research on KK's to replace a KJ (wife's all-time-favorite). Our findings based on input from a trusted Jeep service manager and other sources indicated no inherent problems with the KK generation. Quote: "We don't see many problems with the Liberties." We ended up buying a 2012 Limited with Command Trac and have been very satisfied.
Thanks for the input. The used car dealer I'm looking at the Renegade does not have the window sticker, so how do I check which 4x4 system it has? I know that command trac is standard. Is the Select Trac II that much better? Thanks again for your help..
Unread 03-21-2013, 08:11 AM   #6
AtTheHelm

The 4wd shifter will have '4wd lock' printed on it if its command trac II. It'll say '4wd auto' if select trac.
No difference in the renegade except the body color. I personally would pass on it if it has the skyslider.
Look under it, does it have all the skids and tow hooks? Drive it and test all the features it has. Check everything- windows, locks, hvac, wipers, door handles, etc.
Download an app called auto trader and compare prices and use that as leverage. Yes the renegade is a little rare but don't let the dealer jack the price because of it. Its just matte black paint and a hood decal.
Good luck.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #7
tqmonster

Thanks, its got 4wd auto, so I guess that answers that question. Everything works on it, and it has all the tow hooks and all the skid plates in place. What the heck is the skyslider? Dealer wants 17.5K for it. Thanks again!

Last edited by tqmonster; 03-22-2013 at 08:57 PM..
Unread 03-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #8
KK4x4
2009 KK Liberty 

17.5 for a renegade??? My 09 sport was 19 I'd say that's a great price! The sky slider is like a giant sunroof the length of the entire roof I've heard a lot of good things about it and wish I got it instead.
KK4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 09:47 AM   #9
tqmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK4x4 View Post
17.5 for a renegade??? My 09 sport was 19 I'd say that's a great price! The sky slider is like a giant sunroof the length of the entire roof I've heard a lot of good things about it and wish I got it instead.

it's 17.5k because the miles are high! I guess I should buy it! If I dont buy it, I'll post the dealer's name if that is allowed here...
Unread 03-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #10
tqmonster

Btw, 17.5 is is bottom line, he has it listed for 18.5K.
Unread 03-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #11
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Did you try out the fog lights? Looks like it has blue bulbs in there or something. There's a few scrapes here and there it looks like. See if they have any of the service records. How long has it been sitting on the lot for? Has it been inside the whole time?

Check the fluids if possible. My 2008 needed a bit of antifreeze when I picked it up. Wish I noticed it before I brought it home.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 05:01 AM   #12
tqmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid View Post
Did you try out the fog lights? Looks like it has blue bulbs in there or something. There's a few scrapes here and there it looks like. See if they have any of the service records. How long has it been sitting on the lot for? Has it been inside the whole time?

Check the fluids if possible. My 2008 needed a bit of antifreeze when I picked it up. Wish I noticed it before I brought it home.
All the fluids are good, and the fogs work fine. The car was just recently serviced (oil, brakes). The dealer claims he just got it in as a trade in and as soon as it was cleaned up, it went inside. Everything is great on this truck but the miles! 44k is too high for me, so I think I will wait for a lower mileage one! What do you guys think a 30k mi one should go for vs the 44k? Thanks again

Last edited by tqmonster; 03-22-2013 at 08:47 PM.. Reason: wrong info..
Unread 03-22-2013, 05:15 AM   #13
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqmonster View Post
All the fluids are good, and the fogs work fine. The car was just recently serviced (oil, brakes). The dealer claims he just got it in as a trade in and as soon as it was cleaned up, it went inside. Everything is great on this truck but the miles! 54k is too high for me, so I think I will wait for a lower mileage one! What do you guys think a 30k mi one should go for vs the 54k? Thanks again
Mine had 35K and went for 16.5. Still happy with it.
Unread 03-22-2013, 05:16 AM   #14
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

That rear wiper isn't on straight
Unread 03-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #15
tqmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid View Post
Mine had 35K and went for 16.5. Still happy with it.
What color/options on yours? Thanks..

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.