2010 Liberty Sport: No AC/Heat blowing, blower motor? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2010 Liberty Sport: No AC/Heat blowing, blower motor?

December Specials at Jeephut.comROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kits

Unread 04-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
georjam
2010 KK Liberty 

2010 Liberty Sport: No AC/Heat blowing, blower motor?

Hello, first time poster. Have a 2010 Liberty Sport and the heat stopped working a week ago, which turned out to be the heat and ac. Went to my local dealer who listened to me for 5 minutes and recommended a resister module, $108 later and no luck. Heat/AC led lights work, you can hear power when I turn on the heat/ac, and when I'm driving feel heat or cold at the vent.
Fuses all look good too, been Googling and the most likely issue is a blown blower motor perhaps? Any thoughts??

Thanks in advance,

JG

georjam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 06:16 PM   #2
RudyKK87
2010 KK Liberty 

Had a similar problem with the HVAC on my 2010. I could hear something actuating when I would adjust the fan settings, but no air would blow through any of the fan vents. I took it to the dealer and it ended up being a blower motor gone bad. Since it was under warranty, I had it replaced for free, so I don't know how much the repair would cost out of warranty.
RudyKK87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
georjam
2010 KK Liberty 

$140 and 20 minutes later and I was back in business. Thanks for the feedback.

JG
georjam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #4
Cutelildevil666
2012 KK Liberty 

I'm having the same problem, hope it is something under warranty!
Unread 04-28-2013, 01:13 PM   #5
RudyKK87
2010 KK Liberty 

When I had my blower motor replaced, it was covered by the three year/36,000 mile warranty.

Georjam, good to hear it was done quickly, and wasn't too bad on the wallet.
Unread 04-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #6
Cutelildevil666
2012 KK Liberty 

Actually, mine blows air just fine...it's just hot air. :-/
Unread 04-29-2013, 04:43 PM   #7
RudyKK87
2010 KK Liberty 

Devil, I couldn't tell you what the problem is. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable could chime in. Are you still covered by the basic limited warranty? If so, just take it to your dealer; any warranty repairs to your hvac will be done at no cost to you.
Unread 04-29-2013, 04:58 PM   #8
Cutelildevil666
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyKK87
Devil, I couldn't tell you what the problem is. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable could chime in. Are you still covered by the basic limited warranty? If so, just take it to your dealer; any warranty repairs to your hvac will be done at no cost to you.
Thanks. Yeah, and I have an extended warranty, so hopefully it's a warranty repair, supposed to take it in tomorrow. I did have an accident, nothing major, last fall when I ran into a trailer hitch, thought the damage was only cosmetic. Hope that's the case.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.