2010 Liberty Sport: No AC/Heat blowing, blower motor? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2010 Liberty Sport: No AC/Heat blowing, blower motor?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 04-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
georjam
2010 KK Liberty 

2010 Liberty Sport: No AC/Heat blowing, blower motor?

Hello, first time poster. Have a 2010 Liberty Sport and the heat stopped working a week ago, which turned out to be the heat and ac. Went to my local dealer who listened to me for 5 minutes and recommended a resister module, $108 later and no luck. Heat/AC led lights work, you can hear power when I turn on the heat/ac, and when I'm driving feel heat or cold at the vent.
Fuses all look good too, been Googling and the most likely issue is a blown blower motor perhaps? Any thoughts??

Thanks in advance,

JG

georjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
RudyKK87
2010 KK Liberty 

Had a similar problem with the HVAC on my 2010. I could hear something actuating when I would adjust the fan settings, but no air would blow through any of the fan vents. I took it to the dealer and it ended up being a blower motor gone bad. Since it was under warranty, I had it replaced for free, so I don't know how much the repair would cost out of warranty.
RudyKK87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
georjam
2010 KK Liberty 

$140 and 20 minutes later and I was back in business. Thanks for the feedback.

JG
georjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 09:45 AM   #4
Cutelildevil666
2012 KK Liberty 

I'm having the same problem, hope it is something under warranty!
Unread 04-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
RudyKK87
2010 KK Liberty 

When I had my blower motor replaced, it was covered by the three year/36,000 mile warranty.

Georjam, good to hear it was done quickly, and wasn't too bad on the wallet.
Unread 04-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #6
Cutelildevil666
2012 KK Liberty 

Actually, mine blows air just fine...it's just hot air. :-/
Unread 04-29-2013, 03:43 PM   #7
RudyKK87
2010 KK Liberty 

Devil, I couldn't tell you what the problem is. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable could chime in. Are you still covered by the basic limited warranty? If so, just take it to your dealer; any warranty repairs to your hvac will be done at no cost to you.
Unread 04-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #8
Cutelildevil666
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyKK87
Devil, I couldn't tell you what the problem is. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable could chime in. Are you still covered by the basic limited warranty? If so, just take it to your dealer; any warranty repairs to your hvac will be done at no cost to you.
Thanks. Yeah, and I have an extended warranty, so hopefully it's a warranty repair, supposed to take it in tomorrow. I did have an accident, nothing major, last fall when I ran into a trailer hitch, thought the damage was only cosmetic. Hope that's the case.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.