2010 Liberty in the shop... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2010 Liberty in the shop...

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-02-2010, 08:47 AM   #1
z06boy
2010 KK Liberty 

2010 Liberty in the shop...

Dropped the Liberty off at the shop yesterday due to heater not warming up.

Also need to readdress the rear window leak.

Extended Warranty = Dodge Charger to drive until it's ready.

Speaking of heat...after doing some research is it correct that we have to use special coolant in our Liberty's.

HOAT Coolant ?

z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 12:25 PM   #2
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post

Speaking of heat...after doing some research is it correct that we have to use special coolant in our Liberty's.

HOAT Coolant ?
Yes use HOAT(hybrid organic additive technology)only.This helps stops corrosion.This is good for 5 yrs/100K.
richd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 02:44 PM   #3
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

what kind of extended warranty did u get and how much?
my factory warranty runs out in few month and im thinking of getting extended warranty from chrysler
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
2012 UD Limited. Royal Gray
VMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 02:58 PM   #4
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:

My heater sometimes, will not warm up. I researched it and I reset the PCM and warms up rightaway now.

The driver's side rear window, I can hear road noise. I turned up the a/c, and with the doors and window closed tightly, I could not "feel" any a'c coming from the door or window. Aw well the music downs out the road noise
Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2010, 07:23 AM   #5
z06boy
2010 KK Liberty 

Thanks for the info.

Yes I get a little road noise from the rear window on the passenger side as well...makes me think it's not rolled up all the way but when I check...yep it's up all the way. Yep I play my music sorta loud so that takes care of it for me too.

I just got a call and my vehicle is ready. They left a voicemail just now stating that a loose connection on the blower was the reason and it's now heating up to 148 degrees and as far as the leak on the rear window they stated that it was 'pinch well' or 'pinch weld' (?) and that was taken care of and resealed and that they ran it thru the high pressure car wash 5 times and shows no leaks so hopefully all is good.

The warranty...I'll have to look at my paperwork to see exactly what it's called and the price. I had it included when I bought the vehicle last February. I don't really like extended warranty's but this one 'seemed' solid so I got it and must admit that the few times I've had it in the shop it was nice rolling out with a rental at no cost to me. So far...so good.

I guess I'll be buying a little 'HOAT' coolant to have on hand in case I need some. They don't seem to stock that stuff in every autoparts store around here. I also have a little Neon SRT4 that the wife drives that also has the HOAT coolant in it.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2010, 09:35 PM   #6
alex725
2009 XK Commander 

Quote:

HOAT Coolant ?
I have the opposite problem with the heat. Mine get up to desert like temps asap. Not that I mind it though .

Have noticed what seems to be like a leak in my rear window though..Didnt want to be a bigger pain than I was already being when I went into the shop this week.

The warranty you bought, was it the lifetime one?? They offered it to me for $1800 when I bought it, and I kind of regret not getting it.
alex725 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.