2010 Liberty Anti-Freeze - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2010 Liberty Anti-Freeze

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 09-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
pauld73
2010 KK Liberty 

2010 Liberty Anti-Freeze

I just checked my coolant level in the overflow container and the level is below MIN with engine off and engine cold. The anti-freeze that's in there is the factory installed pink stuff. I have some Prestone anti-freeze mixed with distilled water so that it's 50% anti-freeze and 50% water. Is there anything special about Liberty anti-freeze or can I mix my Prestone mixture right in with the factory stuff?

Paul

pauld73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

DON'T pour that junk in your cooling system.Prestone does not make the correct coolant for your Jeep.

Only use...............

-MOPAR HOAT coolant
-Zerex GO5(gold bottle)
-Ford's Premium Gold coolant
Unread 09-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
pauld73
2010 KK Liberty 

ok tj thanks. I broke down and read the owners manual and they say only use HOAT cooolant also.

Thanks for your reply
Unread 09-24-2013, 10:26 PM   #4
pauld73
2010 KK Liberty 

I got a bottle of Zerox G05 at NAPA, the last one they had.
Unread 09-24-2013, 10:32 PM   #5
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Make sure when you look at the coolant I think its hoat, its pink and should have something on it saying its Chrysler certified.
Unread 09-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #6
pauld73
2010 KK Liberty 

Yup the jug says "approved by Chrysler, Ford etc right on it.
Jug Says Zerex G-05. I went to Autozone and they were clueless about HOAT and OAT antifreeze. They pushed Prestone Extended ALL makes ALL models on me and I bought it. When I read the owners manual I took it back and went to NAPA and got Zerex. There is a lot of confusion about the proper anti-freeze to use. My question is How can Prestone claim right on their jug that it works with ALL MAKES and ALL models? I think that if you are flushing the cooling system and starting fresh, you probably can get by with Prestone.....BUT, if you're topping off your Factory anti-freeze, then you better use HOAT or you get all this sludge from the chemical reaction that is created between Prestone and the Factory HOAT stuff.

Paul

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.