2010 KK Renegade heat/ac problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2010 KK Renegade heat/ac problem

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy Aluminum Bumpers

Unread 11-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
Redredjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

2010 KK Renegade heat/ac problem

Blower has only one speed, will not cut off, a/c seems to work,recl. also (lights come on knobs). My system is the auto temp. control, turn that knob
no change, 3rd knob for vent,def.,heat, select...turn knob no change.
My findings point to blower resistor from other forums but can't find any parts for 2010 year mod.
I am trying to avoid the stealership, any ideas?

Redredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2012, 05:47 AM   #2
cke91082

Mine has the same problem. I took mine in though because it was still under warrantee....are you not?
cke91082 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #3
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

Factorymoparparts.com has the 2010 blower motor resistor for $57. Search the catalog for the 2010 Libby under HVAC / Controls. It should be pretty easy to install yourself. I did this repair on my 2000 XJ back in the day and it's as simple as using a screwdriver and unclipping wiring harnesses. The resistor lives under the dash or behind the glovebox somewhere.
Unread 11-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
Redredjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redredjeep View Post
Blower has only one speed, will not cut off, a/c seems to work,recl. also (lights come on knobs). My system is the auto temp. control, turn that knob
no change, 3rd knob for vent,def.,heat, select...turn knob no change.
My findings point to blower resistor from other forums but can't find any parts for 2010 year mod.
I am trying to avoid the stealership, any ideas?
Problem fixed!!
Took it to the dealer, (still under warranty) found that it was a defective control unit, it had to be ordered and sent overnight to dealer. Was in & out in under 30 min.
(they replaced the panel w/ the 3 knobs)
1st time for any warranty work on this Jeep, and I didn't buy it from this dealer. No hassle, the way it should be.
Redredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.