2010 KK Liberty - Cant find the parts i want. please help me - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2010 KK Liberty - Cant find the parts i want. please help me

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.cFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 10-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
dmr040liberty
2010 KK Liberty 

2010 KK Liberty - Cant find the parts i want. please help me

i am wanting to put a winch bumper on the jeep with an off road light bar either roof mounted or preferably mounted on the winch bumper somewhere. the only problem is that i have searched high and low for a winch bumper and i cannot find one anywhere or on any website for the KK liberty. any help would be appreciated. thank you.

dmr040liberty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2012, 11:15 PM   #2
VegasDragger45
2010 KK Liberty 

There is none available in the aftermarket right now. A few members on the forum have made them and occasionally take orders. Search the forum and you'll find multiple threads regarding the bumper. If you want roof lights you need a cargo basket with light tabs attached.
2010 KK, 2" Daystar lift, 245/75/16 BFG All-Terrains, interior LED's, front rear and cargo liner weather tech's, Pioneer AVH-p4400BT, GEX-P920XM, Kicker 6" in front 5 1/4" in rear, PB 2.75" in dash, Kicker 300.1 amp, Pioneer TS-SWX310, JK light bar with Hella 500 ff and 100w bulb, BOYO rear view camera, JBA exhaust, K&N drop in filter and more to come.
VegasDragger45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2012, 12:15 AM   #3
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasDragger45
There is none available in the aftermarket right now. A few members on the forum have made them and occasionally take orders. Search the forum and you'll find multiple threads regarding the bumper. If you want roof lights you need a cargo basket with light tabs attached.
I can't help you with a winch bumper, but I bought a Yakima basket load warrior and they actually make light mounts and other goodies for it.
Unread 10-20-2012, 12:42 AM   #4
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello

I can't help you with a winch bumper, but I bought a Yakima basket load warrior and they actually make light mounts and other goodies for it.
How much did that run you?
Unread 10-20-2012, 12:54 AM   #5
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaForceB85

How much did that run you?
The load warrior runs $269 new, I got it used for $36. It is just missing the fairing that says Yakima, picking up the locks, light mounts and extension bars, shovel mount soon.
Unread 11-11-2012, 09:20 PM   #6
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

These guys make everything you're looking for and a lot more. The company is restructuring right now so they aren't taking new orders. I have a set of sliders, that's my KK on their site. I also have a basket rack being built. It's very similar to the KJ one and has five light tabs on the front, two on the rear and a tab for an antennae on the back. They also have a mount for the spare in the basket if you want it.
They make some of the best bumpers you'll find anywhere as well.
http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/Page%201.htm
If you want to mount a winch without the expense of a bumper, detours has a great system that's been around awhile
http://www.detoursusa.com/kjbackbone.php
They also make a rear tire carrier that goes into the class three receiver and doesn't move around. They've come up with a smart way of wedging it in there. You'll have to ask about one for the KK, I think I'm the only one that has one right now.
http://www.detoursusa.com/knucklebone.php
I hope this helps with what you're looking for.
Unread 11-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #7
AtTheHelm

There is a front winch bumper available for the KK liberty. I have built a couple and can make more.

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...bumper&start=0
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #8
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

I'm about to buy this instead of a winch bumper.

Check this out on AMZN: Curt Manufacturing 31022 Front Mount Receiver Hitch http://amzn.com/B003ZS6XP0

Check this out on AMZN: 2" Receiver KFI Winch Mount http://amzn.com/B0027URFRM
Unread 11-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #9
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

I was actually about to suggest you go to LOST and check out AtTheHelm's bumpers, but he beat me to it lol.
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #10
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

I also have an OEM Mopar Light bar in stock if youd be interested.

Unread 11-14-2012, 03:47 AM   #11
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaForceB85
I'm about to buy this instead of a winch bumper.

Check this out on AMZN: Curt Manufacturing 31022 Front Mount Receiver Hitch http://amzn.com/B003ZS6XP0

Check this out on AMZN: 2" Receiver KFI Winch Mount http://amzn.com/B0027URFRM
Be careful, some of those things greatly reduce your approach angle. Most likely, you'll have to wheel with your winch and cradle mount stored in the back for the same reason. It would be handy to be able to put the winch from front to back. Welding cable and snowplow plugs are a great way to wire it in. I considered the same setup but didn't like where the receiver tube ends up.
Unread 11-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #12
medic455
2010 KK Liberty 

That is a nice bumper. Was looking at the detours one as well. What is yours running cost wise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheHelm View Post
There is a front winch bumper available for the KK liberty. I have built a couple and can make more.

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...bumper&start=0
Unread 11-22-2012, 01:55 PM   #13
AtTheHelm

$750 as pictured with winch plate, 700 no winch plate, Plus shipping.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.