2010 KK ECS and 4WD Issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2010 KK ECS and 4WD Issue

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 02-19-2013, 06:27 AM   #1
10KKLTD
2010 KK Liberty 

2010 KK ECS and 4WD Issue

Hey,

I just got home with my liberty and already i have a few issues.

1. Every time i take off from a strop, accelerate on the highway, or go around a corner the ESCOFF lights goes on

2. I took it into a parking lot with about an inch of snow and tried the 4wd. It worked but when i tried to take it out of 4wd i got a 4wd, 4low, and SERV 4WD light that came on. It wouldn't come out of 4wd. I shut the car off and turned it on and i could hear it click out of 4wd.

I already contacted the dealer and they said they would look at it no problems, no cost. Anyone know what these issues might be caused by? Is it something that stems from a larger issue?

Any input would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

-Matt

10KKLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 06:33 AM   #2
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Did you not test drive it before you bought it? If you did, was is still doing these things?

The 4wd, 4low and serv 4wd lights will come on if you attempt to put the truck in 4wd or 4low when it is off and they will stay on until you put the selector back into 2wd and cycle the ignition.

As for your 1st question... are the roads icy?
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 06:47 AM   #3
10KKLTD
2010 KK Liberty 

I did test drive it on Friday and it did not have any issues. When i went to drive it home on monday the above occured. I dont beleive i hit the 4WD switch while it was off. The roads were dry on my way home with the exception of the inch of snow i drove through testing the 4WD. Any idea what the casue could be? I tryed to search a little and saw people had similiar issues with a faulty FDCM?

Thanks for the quick response,

-matt
10KKLTD is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.