2010 Jeep Liberty- Worth buying? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2010 Jeep Liberty- Worth buying?

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 12-10-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
jkwik

2010 Jeep Liberty- Worth buying?

I am debating whether or not to buy a 2010 Jeep Liberty, and I can't seem to find any consumer reviews online anywhere. Do you own one? Driven one? Any feedback pros/cons would be SUPER helpful! I've never owned a Jeep before and am coming from a Honda Accord V6.

jkwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 07:23 AM   #2
LibertyTC
2004 KJ Liberty 

The Accord and KK Jeep are two completely different vehicles. One is lighter and good on gas. The Jeep while built with better visibility and 4x4 traction/Safety, certainly will drink much more fuel.
This forum offers better info specifically for KK (2008 Liberty and up)
KK General Discussion - JeepKJ Country
LibertyTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2009, 12:17 AM   #3
T-birdJunkie
2002 KJ Liberty 

One other thing - The Accords come equipped with good tires from the factory.

That is the one thing that Jeep needs to change. ThunderbirdJunkie would not put the OE Goodyears that come on Jeeps on a wheelbarrow.

When he bought his Liberty, the first place he stopped was the tire shop.

The nice thing about the KKs is their powertrains are essentially unchanged from the KJ, and the 3.7/42RLE/8.25 rearend has proven to be a pretty damn solid and reliable powertrain.
T-birdJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2009, 09:59 AM   #4
diggerfreek
2008 KK Liberty 

Can't do this with a honda

diggerfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2009, 10:14 AM   #5
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

I Love Mine, would never trade it for a Honda, or anything for that matter. Well maybe a Rubicon, but Jeep none the less
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Elt31987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2009, 08:15 PM   #6
Mr_Harry
2009 KK Liberty 

I used my 2009 in the slush and snow for the first time this week

It was my 1st time in 4wd, I'm more than sold.
Mr_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 07:40 PM   #7
GearGuy10
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Buy it. You'll love it.

HERS: 2009 Liberty Sport Light Graystone Pearl
100% Stock
GearGuy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 08:00 PM   #8
mike79

If you can find an 09, its even a better deal (09's come with a lifetime power train warranty) but there are very few left, if any.
mike79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2009, 08:08 AM   #9
sbougon
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike79 View Post
If you can find an 09, its even a better deal (09's come with a lifetime power train warranty) but there are very few left, if any.
The lifetime powertrain warranty does not transfer from the original owner. You go back to 3 yrs 36k miles
sbougon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2009, 08:39 AM   #10
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Have they improved the KK's since the Consumer Reports gave them a bad rating? Not trying to be a troll. I have a KJ and love it but I had heard that the KK had some issues especially the first ones. The question is if and when we have to replace the KJ we may look at a KK or go with the GC instead.
Unread 12-15-2009, 08:40 AM   #11
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbougon View Post
The lifetime powertrain warranty does not transfer from the original owner. You go back to 3 yrs 36k miles
Im assuming he meant a new one at the dealer thats been sitting.
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Elt31987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2009, 02:59 PM   #12
T-birdJunkie
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkards View Post
Have they improved the KK's since the Consumer Reports gave them a bad rating? Not trying to be a troll. I have a KJ and love it but I had heard that the KK had some issues especially the first ones. The question is if and when we have to replace the KJ we may look at a KK or go with the GC instead.
This implies that Consumer Reports' opinion has ever been valid.
T-birdJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2009, 04:09 PM   #13
GearGuy10
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I read the Consumer Report car report on the KK before buying it and I remember being disappointed by what I read. I went and took a test drive anyway and was surprised at how wrong they were. I don't remember the specifics of the report, but I couldn't believe they were reporting on the same vehicle I had just driven. I think they're biased towards higher end European cars. I now take their reports with a grain of salt. Comfort is subjective. Go test drive one. They're a solid and comfortable suv with a well designed interior. The cab is quiet and the ride is smooth. Sure, it could have a little more pep from the engine, but it isn't a vehicle that is marketed towards the horsepower crowd. It moves just fine when you hit the gas and it will tow a boat or whatever you want just fine. I think people spend too much time worrying about what it could be instead of loving it for what it is.

HERS: 2009 Liberty Sport Light Graystone Pearl
100% Stock
GearGuy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2009, 04:13 PM   #14
mike79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elt31987 View Post
Im assuming he meant a new one at the dealer thats been sitting.

I would go for it. I crawled under the Jeep for the first time the other day, and was extremely surprised how robust the frame and its components are. Its truly built like a tank.
mike79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2009, 04:28 PM   #15
metallicjeep
2008 KJ Liberty 

Take it from someone who was less than happy with my 2008 when I first bought it with some problems I encountered. Have thought of trading it in from time to time, but everytime I've test driven other cars, never found something I like as well. Like the previous person......Consumer reports rates it down compared to others. I have had mine for almost 2 years now, and I can't figure how they came up with their rating of it. I find it very comfortable, looks great, lots of storage for me, and it's been very dependable. Gas mileage isn't great, but then if you want an SUV you're not exactly looking at gas mileage. I have the Limited in it, and I love the heated seats, remote start (particularly in the winter), the rugged looks. If you're looking for off-road ability, I guess it's pretty darn good. This is a DD for me,
so off-road was not an issue with me. I'm a 62 year old female, and maybe that doesn't weigh in your decision, but I really, really love my Liberty despite some initial problems I had, which for the most part have been taken care of.
I'd say GO FOR IT!!!!!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.