2010 Jeep Liberty iPod Intergration - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2010 Jeep Liberty iPod Intergration

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Steinjäger photo contest!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 09-24-2010, 10:58 PM   #1
tommyc325

2010 Jeep Liberty iPod Intergration

Hey Everyone

I just bought a 2010 Jeep liberty renagade

First thing i did was try to hook up my iPod to the usb input - Once i connected i recieved a error message on my RER Navigation touch screen Radio that says "USB Device not recognized." From what i gathered from the sales guys and jeep website is you connect your iPod and use the radio controls to control it - here is a screen shot from there site - Screen shot 2010-09-25 at 12.44.23 AM.png.

Can someone please tell me if this radio is capable of this feature as is and if not what do i need to purchase in order to get this feature to work correctly.

Thanks

tommyc325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2010, 04:44 AM   #2
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

The iPOD does not plug in the USB, it uses the so called UCI, but the adapter harness is an option. If not pre-installed, you need purchase and install it separately. I don't know off hand if you would need the $90 or $30 harness.. If the harness is pre-installed in your Jeep, the iPOD connector cable end should be in the glove box, check your owners manual for UCI.

Otherwise you use the aux input for audio.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.