2010 jeep liberty heater and auto lights wont work - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2010 jeep liberty heater and auto lights wont work

JK Front Axle TrussARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 02-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
redncfootball
2010 KK Liberty 

2010 jeep liberty heater and auto lights wont work

out of nowhere, my jeeps heater/ac will not turn on at all and my auto lights will not turn on at night. i have to manually turn them on. i plan on taking it to the dealer tomorrow and i am crossing my fingers that it is covered under warranty (currently has 65k miles on it) has anyone else had similar problems?

redncfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 05:29 AM   #2
sreno0207
2011 KK Liberty 

Yah your not going to be covered under warranty. That ended at 36k.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
sreno0207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #3
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

Maybe it's just a blown fuse? Check:

M11 — 10 Amp Red
Automatic Temperature
Control (ATC) -
if equipped

M13 — 20 Amp Yellow
Cabin Compartment
Node (CCN)/Wireless
Control Module
(WCM)/Multi-
Function Control
Switch

M15 — 20 Amp Yellow
Multi-Function Control
Switch/Cabin
Compartment Node
(CCN)/Steering Column
Control Module
(SCM)/Rear View
Mirror/Tire Pressure
Monitor (TPM) - if
equipped/IR Sensor -
if equipped/Transfer
Case Module - if
equipped

M34 — 10 Amp Red
Park Assist Module -
if equipped/Heating,
Ventilation, & Air
Conditioning (HVAC)
Module - if
equipped/Compass
Module - if equipped

The above comes from the owners manual. I tried to look for fuses that do HVAC and possibly the lights auto on/off. Since you can still turn the headlights on manually, those circuits must be ok. Good luck! My money would be on M34.
Unread 02-20-2014, 11:53 AM   #4
MaddogJKU
2010 KK Liberty 

HVAC Control Fail

Same problem, same symptoms. Dealer replaced the control module. It took care of HVAC and the Auto Headlights.
Auto temp control module, No. 55111955-AC at $134.00 This is the auto temp control system. Labor was $223.00. Thought it was high for just pulling the front off the dash and replacing the module, but it is what it is. If it happens agains, I'll attempt it myself.
Unread 02-21-2014, 02:14 PM   #5
josworth
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddogJKU View Post
Same problem, same symptoms. Dealer replaced the control module. It took care of HVAC and the Auto Headlights.
Auto temp control module, No. 55111955-AC at $134.00 This is the auto temp control system. Labor was $223.00. Thought it was high for just pulling the front off the dash and replacing the module, but it is what it is. If it happens agains, I'll attempt it myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redncfootball View Post
out of nowhere, my jeeps heater/ac will not turn on at all and my auto lights will not turn on at night. i have to manually turn them on. i plan on taking it to the dealer tomorrow and i am crossing my fingers that it is covered under warranty (currently has 65k miles on it) has anyone else had similar problems?
Yup.. Same problem here as well, but I happened to have a warranty. Looks like it is becoming a frequent issue. The only reason I can figure the auto lights stop functioning as well is that all of that stuff is networked.

When mine failed they replaced the climate control module, the outside temperature sensor, and the light sensor. Based on MaddogJKU's response above, I would just replace the climate control module. It is real easy. Just pull off the center stack trim and remove a few screws.
josworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2014, 02:20 PM   #6
MaddogJKU
2010 KK Liberty 

HVAC fail

And donate $200 to your favorite stealership!
Unread 02-22-2014, 06:09 AM   #7
josworth
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddogJKU View Post
And donate $200 to your favorite stealership!
That is why I normally do those repairs myself. Just in my case it was paid for under warranty so I didn't. Then I had the rear window leak occur and since the bumper to bumper warranty was short lived, I had to take care of that myself. $80.00 for weather strip and a few minutes of my time and it is all fixed. I only installed the main window seal and not the extra seal provided by Jeep for the TSB. It was soooo cold that it wouldn't stick to the glass. I will put that in when the weather breaks, along with a new latch.

Point is, a lot of this stuff is really easy to do yourself.
josworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 10:34 PM   #8
medic455
2010 KK Liberty 

same issue I had with mine. I took the fuses out and pushed them back in and boom no more problem. I have noticed though that I had some issues not long ago with something else and when I check the fuses again, a bunch of them had wiggled loose. again reseated the fuses and problem solved. I guess it is an issue that I will have to check from time to time since the fuse panel is outside in an area that can be jostled around with crap roads and such.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.