2009 Rear Window Leak - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2009 Rear Window Leak

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!ExtremeTerrain.com Now Carries Raxiom Off-Road Technology RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 12-25-2009, 05:24 PM   #1
spolebitski

2009 Rear Window Leak

In addition the the seats squeaking ... I now notice that my rear window leaks. I have noticed that the window has streaks down it but yesterday I really noticed that is was due to water .... ahhhh.

Anyone else have an issue with the rear window leaking?

spolebitski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2009, 05:27 PM   #2
spolebitski

I must note on 12,000 Miles so far going on 11 months of ownership.
Unread 12-25-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

The early 08 KK had this problem,and I didnt see any TSB for the 09s for this.I would mention the TSB to your dealer.

Make : JEEPModel : LIBERTYYear : 2008Manufacturer : CHRYSLER GROUP LLC Service Bulletin Number : 2305407Date of Bulletin : DEC 12, 2007NHTSA Item Number : 10023645 Component : STRUCTURE:BODY:HATCHBACK/LIFTGATESummary :
WATER LEAK ON LOAD FLOOR ON RIGHT OR LET SIDE OR BOTH AT THE LIFTGATE HEADER AND/OR THE LUGGAGE RACK CHANNEL SEAM AREA. *NJ
richd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 07:24 PM   #4
daledoe
2009 KK Liberty 

I have on 09 Liberty and I believe I am having the same problem. I havent had a chance to fully inspect it but i have noticed streaks of water running down my rear window that the wiper is magically missing so it must be inside.
daledoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2010, 11:17 AM   #5
fmdualexhaust
2012 JK Wrangler 

Rear window gasket replaced on the wife's '08 about 3 months ago w/25000 on the clock.
Just noticed the "streak" inside my '09 window. Going in for the annual state inspection next week and will point this out to the service mgr.
fmdualexhaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2010, 08:25 PM   #6
spolebitski

What is the annual state inspection?
Unread 01-27-2010, 02:07 PM   #7
coder
2010 KK Liberty 

I am having the same problem. I plan on taking my 2010 to the dealer and see what they can do. Hopefully they will replace the weather stripping with some sort of newly designed, thicker version.
coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 04:11 PM   #8
Busch2fan
2008 KK Liberty 

The back window leaks a little but isn't a problem. The moon roof leaks a little too when I go thru one of those brushless car washes. Only comes in when the water is spraying directly on the window.
Busch2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2010, 01:23 PM   #9
fmdualexhaust
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spolebitski View Post
What is the annual state inspection?
State safety inspection. Tires,brakes,lights, etc.
fmdualexhaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2010, 02:38 PM   #10
z06boy
2010 KK Liberty 

I have a 2010 with a leaking rear window as well. I took it in and had the seal replaced on the rear window BUT noticed a couple of drops this morning on the cargo cover so I'll be looking into that.

*EDIT* Ok we had some rain here yesterday...last night and again a bit this morning and I checked 3 different times and NO water inside the rear hatch area.

I just had the leak repaired Wednesday so MAYBE those couple of drops that I saw were leftover from the dealership testing the area and not new wetness.

I will report back later if I notice anymore water but it may have been repaired properly.

Last edited by z06boy; 03-12-2010 at 07:02 AM..
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2010, 05:01 AM   #11
kenjeep
2010 KJ Liberty 

I had the same problem here on my '09 and '10 Jeep liberty. Tried replacing seal, cleaned the seal. Can't make the leak go away. I ended up putting some lithium grease on the seal, close the window and never open it again. Just ended up only using the tailgate. Anyways, the lift height is way too high to load any grocery bags or small packages.
kenjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2010, 05:57 AM   #12
Bayrat
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busch2fan View Post
The back window leaks a little but isn't a problem. The moon roof leaks a little too when I go thru one of those brushless car washes. Only comes in when the water is spraying directly on the window.
I'm not sure how the water is drained from a Liberty sunroof but if it's like most, there is a "pan" around the perimeter that has some sort of drain to carry water away. Check to see the drains are not partially blocked and not eliminating water quickly enough. No sunroof should leak in a car wash.
Bayrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2010, 06:25 AM   #13
jamski
2010 KK Liberty 

I noticed a few dribbles last night on the inside of my rear window of my '10. We had a lot of rain last night--not hard, but constant. I opened the window and shut it, and the leak seemed to have stopped. Hopefully it was a fluke.

So far, no sunroof leaking.
jamski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 04:29 PM   #14
LILRHODIEJEEP

I Leased a 2010 Liberty, two weeks in the back window leaked. I took it to the dealer. They CLAIMED they replaced the entire back end. The next rain - MORE LEAKS. Dealer took the Jeep again (one week later) and said I was crazy. I just brought the danged thing back again to be fixed. I have owned the Jeep since Jan 28 2010. For whatever reason Metro cannot seem to repair the window leak. RI Lemon Law dictates after 4 attempts Jeep/Chrysler has to replace the vehicle. I am hoping they have to, I will pick another Chrysler product - its apparent Jeep has an inherent defect in the rear window. I really loved Jeeps but now I see (from this forum) there are nothing but hassels owning a Jeep. The funny thing is, the dealer thinks they fooled me, thinks I fell for it when they claimed they replaced the whole back gate. The proof they did not is in the pudding - the window still leaks! WHY BOTHER TO LIE?????? Shaking my head.
LILRHODIEJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 08:44 AM   #15
z06boy
2010 KK Liberty 

As long as my leak is just a few drops here and there...no biggie to me. I won't try to use the Lemon Law to get them to take back the vehicle...not that big of a deal to me. It's supposed to rain Sunday so I'll check to see if the leak has 100% been repaired.

Last edited by z06boy; 03-25-2010 at 12:43 PM..
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.