2009 Rear Brake Lights Not Working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2009 Rear Brake Lights Not Working

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 04-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
Hillbilly61

2009 Rear Brake Lights Not Working

I just developed an issue where the lower two rear brake lights are not working. The third middle one is working fine. I - think - I confirmed that the fuse is not bad (manual was really unclear which one this is) and I am guessing the pedal switch is not bad, since the 3rd light comes on.

The other thing about this is that all three bulbs on both sides illuminate as supposed to when the headlights are on or blinkers going or the vehicle is put into reverse. The bulb socket for the rears are entirely different than for the earlier models that were notorious for becoming hot with the contacts eventually pushing away. An inspection of the sockets shows that they are looking good.

I also, disconnected the harness and there was two rows of 3 pins (guessing for each bulb). With a multimeter, I could get a circuit on four of the pins. All down one side and the top on of the other side. I don't have a pin out diagram as to how the assy is wired, so I am just kind of flying blind as to whether this is normal or not or even what each pin does.

Any pointers for troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated!

Hillbilly61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.